Miltek Non Resonated Cat Back

Ashc11TT

Reaction score
Hi guys, iv just put a deposit down for my miltek exhaust, i have a pre-facelift a3 1999, and i was told by the guy in the garage that he wouldnt be able to cut the exhaust up in the bumper, as it is pre fabricated to sit at a certain height, does this sound correct?

as im a bit worried its gonna look really ****, being lipped under the bumper..

thanks..

if i was you id go for a custom exhaust, as i bought a miltek for my A3 when i owned that and it looked naff :( as the tail pipes come outand bend down over and sat way too low, the only way i could get round it was chop them off and get them welded on stright and cut a small section of the bumper, only thing is doing that it will void the miltek warrenty.

sorry this is the only pic i have

a3miltek.jpg

Hi, oh ok, mm, iv put a deposit down now for the exhaust :( oh well il see what happens, thanks for your reply though it was very helpful..

thanks..

As long as the cut is precise with the length of the tail pipe, and has the right hanging then it should look nice, I would also make sure it is flush with the bumper when it is fitted, as milltek tend to expand and stretch, I have seen as much as 3-4cm from hard driving, and when cooled it goes back to its original place.