R32 brake upgrade

gez

S3 hunter
Reaction score
Finally fitted my new brakes on my S3

2 peice Zimmermann discs with yellowstuff pads. They work very very well.
slight bending needed on dust sheid on the back of the disc. and where the R32 hoses connect to the hard pipe at the inner wheelarc needed slight opening up to fit. very easy tho.
I filly sandblasted the Calipers and carriers and painted them with high temp silver paint and high temp laqure.

BEFORE
IMG_0363.jpg

AFTER
IMG_0366.jpg

Looks great! Painting them black will look great!

What are those P Zero's like? I need a new set of tyres.

- The Front brakes are 334mm x 32mm Vented 2-piece Discs, Twin piston(32mm/42mm) calipers
- The Rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs, 38mm Lucas singles

P-zero rossos are great. Awesome in the dry and give soo much confidence in the wet too. Satin black powercoated wheels too.
Yer 334mm compared to std 312mm std. Plus the friction surface is soo much bigger

Better to go for the R32 brakes or will sticking some good discs and pads on standard make a good difference?

Some say a good disc such as Brembo or Black diamond combined with Ferodo DS2500 will do the job, if you want to be flash, then a set of Brembo GT

XL mine doood....bought from blckcircles through my local tyre place..... camskill were cheaper but everyone wanted £15 each tyre to fit!!

Whats the weight comparison of the r32 discs to the std s3 discs?

Im guessing with them been 2 piece they should be lighter!

They look really good dude!!!

As an OEM upgrade, then it better than the 312mm setup, but the brake disks are VERY expensive to replace, so in the long term, they can work out to be expensive.

is there a big difference is braking quality? Did anything else needing upgrading and also how much did it all cost?

R3 brakes will stop the car very well indeed, but they are VERY heavy.

I THINK it's still a sliding caliper arrangement, with the two pistons on the same side, and the inner pads being static just like the 312 caliper.

Still, looks nice!

I just won a full set of R32 brakes on eBay and should be getting them tomorrow.. Gonna strip them and paint them and hopefully fit this weekend.. How much are a new pair of front discs??

Got Front & Rear Calipers, Front & Rear Discs, Front pads and all carrier bolts for £260 :arco: Well, £320 delivered.. Still a good deal i thought.. Is there a price associated with 'very expensive' haha?

Just thinking actually, will the standard 17" Avus wheels fit the car when these are on??

is there a big difference is braking quality? Did anything else needing upgrading and also how much did it all cost?

Cost me £550 all in. I fitted myself.
Much better than 312 brakes although they are a bit heavier the reasurrance of knowing you can stop quicker later and harder is fine for me

Gez, i assume these fitted directly on to your current S3 carriers?

The carriers are different. You need r32 calipers and carriers and they fit directly onto s3 hubs