Air Con and Brake Fluid Offer from VW

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey chaps,

As it's getting pretty hot this summer (and some of you may be thinking of an air-con service if you've never had one before in 3years like me lol!) then here's a tempting offer considering it's a dealer. Remember the service is more than just a top up of gas, they put new oil in it and run some sort of mixture through the system apparently:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/offers/air-con-servicing

Not bad value I thought considering the brake fluid change is £65 on it's own! I've just booked mine in as I needed my air-con doing as it's never been done in the history and it's not that cold... Normally it's £75 so for another £15 you can't complain with a brake fluid change to! May be useful for some of you others, ok it's not Audi but still...

Last edited:
For the hassel brake fluid changes will cause some people, sounds like a good deal.

For the hassel brake fluid changes will cause some people, sounds like a good deal.

its not that bad at all, but the dealer charge £50, making the AC service well cheap.

if i still had the S4 id consider paying that just for the AC service

Didn't realise Audi only charge £49 for the brake fluid change, that's not bad at all considering it's Audi!

Presume you could ask them to use your own supplied fluid as well? I.e the RBF600/60

shouldnt save you much as their fluids are really cheap anyway.

id bet a fiver you cant boil oe brake fluid on the road. wanna take up the challenge? for the sake of the bet ill even supply and put the fluid in your car. you then have to see if you can boil it (ie get the pedal to sink to the floor)

something like that motul stuff must be so stupidly overkill for the road its unreal. even in the S4, with dodgy old fluid when i got it, that only gave minor symptoms of cooking.

once i replaced it i didnt get any fade at all

I have a horrendous amount of brake fade. I know the rears need replacing, but the pads and disks on the front look OK and the wear indicator has not popped up on the dash/DIS.

You reckon I should just change the brake fluid then, Matt?

depends on the rest of the spec. it will make a massive difference though if the fluid is old. GF (the one with the fiesta), i changed the brake fluid in that last summer. it was four years old and i put new Ford "response DOT4" in there. an already great feeling pedal actually felt better, so even if the fluid is relatively new (4 years) it made a noticable difference to refresh it

if you dont know how old the fluid is, replace it, you really dont want it to start corroding things.

but in all honesty though, it would be interesting to put new VW fluid through yours *wont be more than a tenner* and see what happens becuse motul rb6million must be seriously over kill for a relatively standard road car

As long as they put the same stuff they use on the R32 then I'm not bothered lol!

yup, i bet they do too and thats going to have plenty of speed and weight behind it

No idea when the last fluid change was. Really CBA to do it myself with the EZ blead etc jargon.

Likewise with the aircon, but it's blowing fine. Hmmm.

I CBA to do it myself (buying a brake blead kit etc). I can be bothered to take it in to Audi.

I cba either which is why i've waited for my next service and get my mech to do it all at the same time. I've had an ezi bleed kit, fluid, and brake lines sitting in my garage for 4 months gathering dust!

but its your brakes. you lot are mental.... and then you moan about getting shafted over by these places

JD, get a quote for the costs and ill do it for you at half price or something. i do that for loads of people on club gti, people appreciate working cars so much better

My brakes work fine on the road their just gash on a track hence why I'm getting them done at my next service instead of rushing to get them done now. Plus i'd rather a professional does my brakes because I consider them the most important part on the car and I would only end up cocking it up myself!

Like wise, Matt. Only reason I started to look into brakes and upgrades was because it faded awfully coming to a stop with three other lads in the car. They are fine, but the rears are dead and now squeak as well, so I can DIY them at £50 delivered from eBay.

It will just be £50 from Audi surely? And no offense to you fella and the offer is greatly appreciated, but if something did go wrong, I can call Audi and get it sorted, bit different with either myself or a lad off the forum (sure you can appreciate that).

Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years, and for £50 at audi its worth it as the mk4 platform brakes are a PITA to bleed from what I've read.

of course. £50 is what the dealer charge (and that really goes to show how simple it is) and if you take their £75 option theyll do the AC too. hardly a hardship, which even id pay even if it was just to get the AC done as its a fantstic deal/steal/sale of the century.

On another brake related issue can anyone explain to me why a £28K car (the S3) only came with single piston brakes! The car has 225bhp and weighs a ton and a half :wtf:

lol yea good question.

I thought VW garages will not touch Audi, Seat or Skoda cars?

Not that great offer, same as Kwikfit

wait till winter and get aircon for £25

Last edited:
the same reason every other manufacture does it, costs. The brakes on the S3 stop the car as required there not great when compared to other hot hatches with 4 pot setups (RS megane, LCR, clio 200) but thet work. The E36 M3 had 320bhp and only had single pot calipers (so i believe), I think even the new S3 still has single pot calipers.

but its a dealer, so you pay a premium and (hope) its done right. kwikfit is very much a budget place so im suprised that youre suprised etc

only if this would "bolt" on

RS6 caliphers, 8 pot

4659922767_7f282247ea.jpg

jd, don't add this to the shopping list

but its a dealer, so you pay a premium and (hope) its done right. kwikfit is very much a budget place so im suprised that youre suprised etc

nothing "technical" or premium about gassing aircon

Last edited:
say that without swearing when the quick fit monkey has managed to get air in the system blah blah blah

there are reasons why places like that have shocking reputations

only if this would "bolt" on

RS6 caliphers, 8 pot

4659922767_7f282247ea.jpg

jd, don't add this to the shopping list

Detailed a Carrera S over the last few evenings/weekend. Took most of my self restraint to not take the front calipers off and fit them to mine!!!!

Yis;

techart_porsche_911_carrera_2.jpg

I dont know if this uprated fluid is worth the effort, i had my brakes changed EBC Turbo Groove discs and Yellow Stuff pads, took it down Brands after id warn them in for 500 odd miles with newly changed standard brake fluid i dint experience any brake fade and i was going hard on the brakes! out for 40 minutes without cool down at one point and no issues!