why does it always rain on me

Boggle

Reaction score
me AGAIN well today my clutch has gone i really don't no what to do i fill like crying lol so thought i would ask anyone no how much i am looking at spending its a A3 1.8T 1998

i take it has gone for a second time in quick succession or something? maybe theres a bigger problem

from what ive read its like £650 for a new clutch and flywheel supplied and fitted. am i right?

nah but i have had the car no more then 3 weeks and its like the 3rd time works have to be done i have already spent 600

Last edited:
get an LUK clutch kit priced on Euro parts plus ya labour....dunno how much it is but wil be cheaper than dealer in my experience

just be glad it aint on a quattro or s3 mate!

shouldnt be too bad dude. Is it completely cream crackered then?

yeah i can vouch for that..... had mine done when the gearbox was out....£1300 job cash mates rates!!

Cost me £900 for a new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, fluid and bleed, and 4 wheel alignment on my S3 that was with TTS. You may not need to replace the flywheel, sometimes these can be cleaned up and reused, mine had excessive play so was replaced. LUK are the clutches that Audi fit as standard.

£900!!! hmmm i think ive been done!!

the LUK fly for my S3 was £300 alone trade!! ok i had to have the selector fork repaired and replaced but £400 difference!!

I think TTS have a fixed price for the clutch and slave cylinder replacement (£600 to 650 iirc) euro car parts list 2 flywheels for the S3 dependant on year the one for my S3 is the cheaper of the 2 at £276.30 (the other is £382.40) although this is an online price and when i called them up i got a differnent price and so did TTS when they called them up. My final bill was £929 but i got a good deal on the flywheel in the end (had an OE one fitted). Even with out the deal on the flywheel it would have been about 1k as theres no additional labour envolved in the job, you gear selector may have required additional labour and parts.

yeah and i had the more costly flywheel :(

******.... still not mates rates though is it!!

talked to me mate and he said new clutch and slave cylinder and flywheel supplyed and fitted 400 think i got a deal there