Suspension.. (sorry)

Yep I want to get get as many new bushes on as possible when I do my suspension. I have had brand new OEM bushes put on my wishbone and they made a lot of difference but I didn't have to fit them.

Thinking of doing the same, so going whole hog when it goes in.

On a separate note gents, remember I said I had a front suspension issue? Audi wanted to charge me 1-3 hours labour to FIND the problem, let alone sort it. Ranted to the service manager when we took the R8 in for a service and he lowered the price to 80+VAT per hour from 108+VAT per hour. Told him where to go still.

Then find this on their website;

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/maintaining-your-audi/audi-health-check.html

http://www.inchcapeservicing.co.uk/our-services/visual-health-check.asp

you have an R8? and they dont do complimentary work for you at the dealer!!

IMG_6452.jpg

Lol. No it doesn't and it's not mine sadly, just drive it when I pay the 26£ a day insurance. Although next year it's 250 excess and 250 extra a year on the insurance. Happy times.

Agreed. Will be taking it up to the lakes house for misses and my anniversary me thinks.

Welly, Cheshire fella, so North West. You lot going to Audis in the Park?

Has anyone used the JAMEX coilovers think there around £350.

Any comment about these?

I'm sure there is a Jamex thread somewhere but they were fitted to an A3. The best budget coilovers i've heard of have been the AP ones which I think the cheapest ive seen them for was £400

for £350 id be spending the touch extra to get weitech or whatever we foudn earlier in this thread that was a proper bargain

Yep I want to get get as many new bushes on as possible when I do my suspension. I have had brand new OEM bushes put on my wishbone and they made a lot of difference but I didn't have to fit them.

I have had all the rear bushes done couple of months back , feels so much tighter now! Bought all mine at main dealer and fitted with audi mechanic (privately) don't even wanna think what it cost me , just few more on front now and all NEW bushes :D

Apparently they were a B@*&!"D to change even with teh right tools from audi!!!

Well here's one for you (can you tell work is slow this week?).

Turns out, the previous owner took out Audi's MOT protection @ £49.99 last year when the car was still under 7 years old. So that means that components are covered by £750 of repairs. That includes my suspension like my shock absorbers and bushes! So might as well just wait for them to fix the bushes and instead of putting the OEM shocks on, ask them to fit my new ones!

really? they cover consumables with a warrenty/guarantee?

Just been told that by Manchester Audi. He said things like brakes, pads, tyres etc won't be covered. But Suspension is not classed as consumables - it's classed as components.

Score!

well thats amazing. dampers/bushes imo are consumables, they will die sooner rather than later.

might have a nosey on their site to see whats covered and whats not. works quiet here too

Just been told that by Manchester Audi. He said things like brakes, pads, tyres etc won't be covered. But Suspension is not classed as consumables - it's classed as components.

Score!

Bargain. Love your work. :thumbsup:

just been reading that too
fewer than 100k
<7yo

3. Parts Covered:
The following parts will be covered under the Cover:
3.1 Lighting equipment:
Front and rear lamps, headlamps, stop lamps, rear reflectors,
direction indicators and hazard warning lamps.
Exclusions:
Bulbs, fuses, wiring and connections.
3.2 Steering and suspension:
Steering control, steering mechanism, power steering, transmission
shafts, wheel bearings, front suspension, rear suspension, shock
absorbers, wheel alignment.
Exclusions;
Tyres and wheels.
3.3 Brakes:
ABS warning system/controls, condition of service brake system,
condition of parking brake system, service brake performance,
parking brake performance.
Exclusions;
Brake pads and shoes where condition is wear related.
3.4 Seatbelts:
All seatbelt mountings, their condition and operation, front drivers
and passenger seat mountings and backrest security in an
upright position.
3.5 General:
Catalytic converter, fuel injection and ECU replacement as a result of
calibration failure to meet MOT exhaust gas emission standards, horn,
mirrors, registration plates, speedometer, driving controls, windscreen
wipers and washers.
Exclusions:
Bodywork and glass, exhaust system, items listed as &#8220;report&#8221; only
adjustments, tuning or cleaning.

wow... thats good cover tbh so the dealer suprising us again with this and "brake fluid / AC service" for £75

Agreed. Also bare in mind that although it's <7years and 100,000 miles, you could do a million miles in the next year and be over 7years old and it still be valid, as long as the policy was taken out when the car was the correct age.

Spanner in the works;

The warranty is taken out with Mondial Assistance. In Oct 2008, my car had this warranty and it was used to replace drop links in Sept 09. The lady at Mondial Assistance, who I called to ensure the policy was transferable to a new private owner, said it had not been logged for 09/10. However, my paper work shows that it was taken out.

Therefore, according to this lady (very straight forward and to the point customer service advisor :icon_thumright:) I need to call the Audi centre where the car was MOT'd in Sept 09 to get them to log it and/or sign off on 750£ cover.

> Steering control, steering mechanism, power steering, transmission
shafts, wheel bearings, front suspension, rear suspension, shock
absorbers, wheel alignment

thats such a broad area, im really amazed with that

worst case, id imagine youll turn up next year with uncle buck esq suspension damping and theyll say "nothing wrong with that, well pass that" and then you have no more cover

I have no cover this year according to the policy providers :(

Off home to find the information and paper work for a call on Monday ;)