Ebay Cold Air Induction Kit - Need help please!

Mings

A3 1.8T Sport
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I bought an induction kit off ebay and have managed to get the ****** in but I'm struggling with the final hose. I presume the hose connects somewhere to the original system to dump the diverted air back into the pipe but I can't for the life of me find where.

I know I'm a big ol' noob but any help would really go down great, I've included a picture of how it looked in the listing but I don't have that connector...

B7XzI.jpg

Many thanks, Mings!

I say I don't have that connector... I probably do... I'm just at a loss as to where to find the ****** in the engine bay!

It is a 99, the listing on ebay said it was fine for 96-03...

Engine type is... AGU.

Cheers!

That hose is for the SAI (secondary air pump), it pumps air over the cat on start up to aid emission's, helping to warm the cat up etc.

Helpful as always thank you very much gents! Just one last question then... is it ok to just plug/block it off and if so what would you say is the most appropriate/effective way of doing so?

That's the secondary air injection supply. it used to go into the 'clean' side of the airbox.
you can get a breather filter, it is the same as a cone filter but smaller.
the end of that hose has a 90degree right angled fitting on to fit into the airbox. that comes out with a bit of persuasion and you can then put the breather filter in and cable tie it out of the way somewhere (like onto the hose going into the throttle body.
see here: http://www.knfilters.com/vent.htm about half way down.
or here: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Air_Filters_&_Accessories/Breather_Filters/567

don't block it off.

Nice one everyone! That's all my questions answered! Thank you very much! :D

No he means how does he block it off on the induction kit, not the pump itself, like alpine says the AGU engine doesnt have a SAI pump. Cant you just use a little chemical weld and a small piece of aluminum or something!

oh **** yeah, see what he means now.
ther are plugs available that you can use with a short length of silicone hose
see here

the benefit of these are that it is not permanent unlike blanking off the port on your intake pipe.

Thanks again folks, I just screwed an appropriately sized bolt into a short length of hose, I don't think it'll be going anywhere! :)

Hi mate,
Who sells that filter on ebay and for how much? Did it fit ok other than the missing connection?! Has it made any significant improvements? I was abot to buy a green cotton panel flter but tempted by a cone filter if it has made any improvement.

Cheers.

are you looking forward to when it rains?? i mean sucking up all that water??

Thanks again folks, I just screwed an appropriately sized bolt into a short length of hose, I don't think it'll be going anywhere! :)

Yay, that's my normal fix for that sort of thing!! :thumbsup:

Secure with a cable tie just in case.