Your thoughts...

ross_broughton

Reaction score
I was just wondering what peoples thought were on the Carbonio Induction Kit?

Also what sort of bhp will I be looking at with

Carbonio Kit
Forge 007p
Millteck cat-back with front silencer bypass.
Front mount intercooler.

What car do you drive?

Generally, the thing in your list that might give you some extra oomph, is the exhaust. FMIC should help with lowering the intake temperatures, which could also improve power and allow you to avoid loosing power as a result of heat soak - increased intake temps tend to drive down power output. You'll notice it after thrashing a car, it tends to feel slower - with a FMIC this effect is reduced.

The DV should help with holding higher boost, but unless you remapped the car, you generally will not see much difference in power. I researched into Carbonio, but it is debatable if it gives more power. Save your money and get a decent panel filter ;)

Sorry forgot to put I drive a 1.8t and I'm plannin on having a stage two remap so was seeing what the bhp would be with the list of mods and the remap.

Ah, I used to drive a 1.8t a couple of years ago. I had a jabba map with a green cotton filter and a forge DV - everything else was standard. On their rollers it showed just shy of 190bhp, which I think is a little on the optimistic side if I'm honest. It did pull very well after the map and tended to shred front tires like nobody's business.

As it stands, I would say that if you want the maximum out of your car then make sure you install all of the mods listed before the map is done, as it will affect the end figures after the map. Remember to use quality fuel also - Shell or BP premium is ideal and make a big difference on mapped cars.

Skip the carbonio kit, as it's mostly for looks and extra sound - unless it's your kind of thing.