limp mode?

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
hi my car seems not to pull as well as it used to (feels flat?) but still reaches top end speed. It has a remap but just doesnt seem like it has anymore. I thought i might have just got used to it but my mate said it feels alot less powerful aswell. Is my car in limp mode?
Thanks
Rob

get it on vagcom and check for faults. Split pipe work off the bottom of the inlet manifold seems the usual.

several pipes that come off the manifold that split, best to get under there and pull the lot out and assess.

No, it could tell you if you're in limp mode or help you find out if you have a boost leak among other things.

Do yourself a favor and check the pipes - it might be something very obvious.

No worries mate - good luck with sorting it out.

Stick around on this forum and you'll pick up a few things.

Just to clarify, 'limp mode' feels like the turbo has blown and your car drives like a 1.8 n/a, and it resets everytime you switch the ignition off and back on.

I have an inkling it's a knackered MAF sensor, try disconnecting it, then go for a drive, to see if some of the power returns?

to disconnect it do you just unplug the connector on it?

original.aspx

What is your location?

Look on this vagcom user location map and find someone close to you who may be able and will to help you take logs of your car to find out what is going on.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...54.316523,-2.39502&spn=7.578703,26.784668&z=6

First to a scan to find any errors, then
take logs of these measuring blocks;

[FONT=&quot]002 031 115[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]002 115 118[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]002 will give Air flow information, 115 is requested vs actual boost, and 118 is actual boost with N75 duty cycle info. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Log it from third gear from 2000rpm to as close as you can legally get to redline
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Check block 032 after logging and while the engine is still idling, just note the 2 values. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]032 ECU adaption figures 0% (+/- 5% is normal) idling[/FONT]