Couple of questions - second time A3 1.8T owner

saunders1000

Reaction score
Recently bought my second A3 1.8t after a gap of about 7 years - the first one was in that bright green colour, there weren't many in that colour - closest I've seen to it is the new Scirocco.

Anyway just bought a black Y reg and the shocks need replacing - the quick question is......how easy is it to change them? Are we looking at a straightforward job on the back of about an hour and perhaps 2 to 3 hours for the fronts?

Second question is............occasionally after starting the engine after it's stood overnight it chugs - presses of the accelerator do nothing - after about 30 seconds it clears and then it's fine. After a good run - maybe 15 or so miles on dual carriageway/motorway when you stop at a roundabout/traffic lights etc it occasionally stalls. In addition, at idle it is a bit "lumpy" but not all the time. If anyone has any ideas what this that would be great.

It could be an expensive month as it's MOT is due later this month!

Cheers
Andy Saunders

Plug in a Vag-Com (VCDS) and read the error codes, probs someone near you has one.

how easy is it to change them? Are we looking at a straightforward job on the back of about an hour and perhaps 2 to 3 hours for the fronts?

yeah they are quite easy mate, sometimes the shock can be stubern if its been in there a long time but if you jam a drift into the back to split it a bit. There are guides on here but when you look at it, it will be apparent what you have to remove- pinch bolt, bolt connecting arb link, bracket holding wires and top mount bolt.

The rears are easy peasy as well. Two bolts, top and bottom. I need to do my rears soon :(