just tryed the lcd repair

Boggle

Reaction score
o well i was not lucky enuff to get here back in shape looks like i will have to pay the 149 plus the VAT or i mite just give it one more go as i need to get the clocks out to reset the dam rev and speedo niddles :-(

I'm sorry mate, but I have no idea what the above is supposed to say....

Did it work or what?

Yeah should of told you mate it makes it worse lol, ****** mine up big time.

What you mean by your going to pay £149? Whats that for exactly?

Hello, just had two goes trying to fix the LCD on my Audi A6. First try made it worse, second maybe made a bit better. The main issue I had was trying put the dials back on correctly, I had to fit them while the dash was connected to the car -it was a real pain. It looks like you can buy new LCD's for £40 on ebay. Fitting them though looks like a tricky job. I'm not sure if it's the solder joint or the connection to the LCD that's is the problem.

hi mateys,
give me a bit of info on where you're getting stuck: i've taken apart my dashpod and put it back together a few times in my efforts to fix the LCD..

Hello, I used one of the 'How to' fixes on the 'UK Audi' forum site. It advised you can re-attach the cable by heating it up and re-sticking the glue -it's so far not been successful or I've not done it right. To completely replace the lcd looks a bit more tricky still.
Have you managed a heating fix or a full re-solder and new lcd?
How much do you heat up the cable and which bit has the bad connections the LCD or soldered end?

hi lads, the problem often isnt the cable attachment: apparently the cable can develop hairline cracks in it... no amount of glue is going to fix things i'm afraid! its the top bit of the cable which is attached to the lcd itself btw. :)

Thanks for think bit of info, that does make sense -but looks to be bad news as far as any cheap fix goes :-(. Will look on Ebay for a replacement.
Have you done a re-solder job with a new LCD panel? I've seen some walkthroughs on the procedure, need the right tools for the job and some expertise, plus I could end up with no display and no dash if it goes wrong :).