Help!! locked key in boot

S3-Andy

Reaction score
I think its possible i have locked the key in my boot, dam auto locking! i dont have a spare can any one suggest a way in other than through the window!!!
cheers guys

I lost the spare and never had the valet key, knew i should not have not put off cutting the new key!!!
might have to join rac or somethin would audi be to supply any details to cut a new key?? i dont need to use the car but its blocked in our second car! A mate said something about reversing the poliarity to gear box or something can put ignition lights on and pop doors open???

I had this with my punto it was on poppers. Poppers broke with keys inside. I am a member with AA called them out and they stuck a airbag between the door got a long rod and opened the door.

could i try this does audi not have dead locks???

I have locked my car before and had window down and i was still able to open the door with the inside handle. This is what the AA bloke will do just get a loop round handle and pull it open.

Get audi to cut a new key all they need is reg and id and you get a key in 2 days

Get audi to cut a new key all they need is reg and id and you get a key in 2 days

Key I bet is expensive, and coding is probably even more. Put it this way, my old Clio keys were £135 a time. . . I'd join the AA and get a guy out!

I think its possible i have locked the key in my boot, dam auto locking! i dont have a spare can any one suggest a way in other than through the window!!!
cheers guys

Just for your information, unless the boot switch is broke, when you unlock the car and either open the door or bootlid, the car WILL NOT autolock itself.

Just for your information, unless the boot switch is broke, when you unlock the car and either open the door or bootlid, the car WILL NOT autolock itself.

He may have locked te car with the boot open then shut the boot. I do this every day because it means I can carry bags and just need to drop the boot to lock the car.

Open the door and climb through to the boot lol.

If he called the AA bloke out he will open the door for him. . .

with the aa u have to wait 24 hours i think before u can call out if u have just signed up.

with the aa u have to wait 24 hours i think before u can call out if u have just signed up.

I was told there was an extra charge of quite a bit for a call out within that period of time after joining. I enquired about joining when my window stopped working on my Clio about four years ago when I was a poor student. The charge would have been membership at 70 + 35 or more, certainly came to over £100.

Hmmmmm. What a bummer. Which is the cheapest window to smash? I'd go with the windscreen - at least you can claim on the insurance for it and just pay your excess?

Same for all fella, 70£ excess for me on Admiral and doesn't affect the rest of your policy. Intend to replace all my windows soon due to the **** state of swirls on them from Audi washers over the last 8 years :(

chav2.jpg

and some of this..

112B8CBE-3CA2-11D9-B7BF-B32CBAFEE08.jpg

im sure they will help ya!

Hmmmmm. What a bummer. Which is the cheapest window to smash? I'd go with the windscreen - at least you can claim on the insurance for it and just pay your excess?

He'll have to climb through the windscreen to get in rather then just sticking an arm through a side window lol

Surely the windscreen will be stronger and make more mess than a side window too :think:

He'll have to climb through the windscreen to get in rather then just sticking an arm through a side window lol

Surely the windscreen will be stronger and make more mess than a side window too :think:

Ahhh yes, whilst this may be true, you have to pay full price for a side window, where as if you do your windscreen, and have windscreen cover, you get a new one for the cost of the windscreen excess on your insurance policy.... Normally £50. A side window will be much more expensive than that and not covered on the policy.

Windscreens don't make that much of a mess either to be fair - they hold together as it's what they are designed to do.

Same for all fella, 70£ excess for me on Admiral and doesn't affect the rest of your policy. Intend to replace all my windows soon due to the **** state of swirls on them from Audi washers over the last 8 years :(

Just saw this dude - mine only covers the windscreen - I've been had! :(

Technically the side window will be harder to clear up as the glass will fall down the door card (been there done that, rattle for months :()

Ahhh yes, whilst this may be true, you have to pay full price for a side window, where as if you do your windscreen, and have windscreen cover, you get a new one for the cost of the windscreen excess on your insurance policy.... Normally £50. A side window will be much more expensive than that and not covered on the policy.

Windscreens don't make that much of a mess either to be fair - they hold together as it's what they are designed to do.

Just saw this dude - mine only covers the windscreen - I've been had! :(

Boys that's not good! Had a break in a while ago on the Clio, both side windows replaced for £50 excess. Enquired about replacing all my windows with both Autoglass and Admiral, same answer . . . well, £70. But for all six windows (sides, rear and windscreen).

also, smashing the windscreen, you risk scratching your bonnet with glass on your shoes when you climb through it

If you got a Llyods account upgrade that for £7 quid a month no call out fee for AA. Saved me pay out for the fees.

If you got a Llyods account upgrade that for £7 quid a month no call out fee for AA. Saved me pay out for the fees.

I have no call out fee. The OP will have a call out fee as he wants the issue fixing now, not in a few days/weeks/months.

Also, at £7 a month, you are paying £14 extra than if you pay £70 in a one off payment, so technically you're loosing out.

You wouldnt have to pay that £70 out right. I got my car sorted there and then didnt charge me a thing.

You wouldnt have to pay that £70 out right. I got my car sorted there and then didnt charge me a thing.

Eh?

AA for a year is £70 a year's membership. Free call outs etc if/when I need them (touches wood).

You're paying £7 a month = 12x£7 = £84 total over the year for the same thing . . . Not saying it's a bad thing, but the OP will have to pay a year's membership + a call out fee due to him joining and needing a call out in the space of 24hrs.

surely the original poster knows someone with aa or rac? or if not one os the fine memebers of this forum who lives close to him does? if you are in the gloucester/cheltenham area i would help you out mate. i pay them **** loads of money and usually only need them once every 3 years.

A good point that I was going to mention. A friend's off roader broke down on the way back from a session in a Welsh quarry. I was passenger but had my card with me, so called them up and they came out.

Useful little option and doesn't cost any more than standard.

This is what i do....

Get a small door wedge and a coat hanger.. force the wedge between the door and the door pillar (at the top corner) then use the coat hanger to pull the leaver.. Simples

what happened was i got out of car locked it and went into the house, i returned to the car to take pram out of boot, i unlocked the boot via the boot release on the fob rather than unlock the doors, i made the mistake of putting my key down and using both hands to lift the pram out, i then closed the boot which WILL autolock everytime.

Thanks for all the replys guys i managed to get in via the boot and a dewalt cordless drill!! Always wanted to flush that tailgate anyway! took some doing clever people must have designeed the lock to spin when tampered with. I had somebody try to pick it first but had no succsess the barrel was turning but not unlocking must be a anti-tamper thing, so i got out the cordless and a diamond tip bit, job done
Cheers guys

Glad you got it sorted.

And nice to know its not that easy to bypass the boot lock!