Me & the S3 have issues....

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
**Begin rant here:**

****** car. Nothing but a pain in the ****. :(

So many annoying issues with it at the moment which are driving me mad.

Had the window open on the motorway today driver's side. Reg clips are shot and the thing won't go back up. So driving along merrily listening to the jukebox, and it starts raining. I have to drive 6 miles getting soaking wet, so I can stop, get out and do the window up by pushing it from the outside. :sadlike:

Other issues are also annoying. Clunking from the front is getting worse and worse as time goes on and the car is beginning to feel a little unstable. Top mounts are the suspect, but I've had such a busy week last week, and this week and next I haven't got time to do them. Considering just biting the bullet and buying some shocks and springs and saying sod it. All in 1 hit.

Further to that, my vibration from god only knows what was really bad today. It has good days and bad days, although there seems to be no connection to weather etc. Really must get on and investigate that too.

You would of thought that, after my previous engine issues, the damn thing might give me a break.

But no! Fat yellow b**tard thing that it is.

**Rant over.**

Feel your pain mate. I take it that it wasn't you that did the buy it now on those Billies?

Feel your pain mate. I take it that it wasn't you that did the buy it now on those Billies?

Noooooooooooooooooooo way Pedro. Not after your experience, I didn't bother wasting my time! Thanks for the heads up on that, saved me a unnecessary phone call.

there is a guide for the window reg fix on here, you are more than capable of fixing it

there is a guide for the window reg fix on here, you are more than capable of fixing it

Yeah, I've got the clips and the guide - I'm just bone idle.... and I must admit, taking the door's subframe off doesn't fill me full of happiness and joy!

I will get round to fixing all of the above at some point.

I probably should stop wasting energy moaning about all the problems and just ****** fix them!

No worries pal. Last thing I wanted to read was a "bought these and they've ****** my car" thread off anyone on here.

Still inbetween decisions as well :(

What are you going to do with the topmounts idea lad? Keep standard or go "whole hog" and get compbrake solid top mounts?

No worries pal. Last thing I wanted to read was a "bought these and they've ****** my car" thread off anyone on here.

Still inbetween decisions as well :(

What are you going to do with the topmounts idea lad? Keep standard or go "whole hog" and get compbrake solid top mounts?

Standard matey, I do the IT support for a local motors factors, and I help them out with some CAT5E network cable or something, and they help me out with cheap, and most often free parts. I have them at home ready to fit. Just not sure whether to replace them or not.... In 2 minds.

As usual.

Makes sense. Any parts lying around you don't need, let me know ;)

Can do :thumbsup:

I had a spare set of front drop links actually, brand spankers, but I slapped them on the other S3 before it went in for MOT.

I think I'm going to book a day off next week and do all of this annoying stuff in one hit.

Ah that reminds me, where is that wee beasty up to? Last I heard you had swapped parts from one to the other days before the MOT lol!

Ah that reminds me, where is that wee beasty up to? Last I heard you had swapped parts from one to the other days before the MOT lol!

Yeah, I swapped the lower arms over. Need to swap them back really - but again, that's booked in for the 10th of never.

The car is great, that was a really good buy to be fair. It's for sale on Pistonheads at the moment, but not actively trying to sell it at the moment as my dear brother has 'borrowed' it whilst he's in between cars.

Other than that - it's been good as gold. She blew a water hose the other days, but I suspect it was due to a clip never being refitted to be honest. Still, 1 out of 25 ain't bad....

EDIT: My dear brother is no longer in between cars.... He has just bought a 350 Raptor road legal quad bike. Because he is a mentalist.

Lol, that's right, sold the X5 right?

I feel another "mini moto modding madness" thread coming on!

Lol, that's right, sold the X5 right?

I feel another "mini moto modding madness" thread coming on!

I can see what's going to happen.... I'm going to have 1 go on it, and want one. I looooove quads. My missus's dad has a wicked 600 quad which he used to use at Weston Beach Race every year.

They are epic, unsure on the ones you see flying around on the roads, but off roading they are incredible. We use to go down to a farm each year in Scotland and mess about with them on the tracks they'd prepared! Funniest moment was when a friend realised we needed to move up from the teeeny quads (aged 8/9) to the larger ones - he basically back flipped after revving it too much!

ha sounds familar, Iv also be getting a knocking from my front when braking in reverse. Iv changed top mounts, lower arm bushes, lower ball joints and springs. Also changed a split cv boot. All simple jobs except boot which is ****** messy, but still have the noise, so have come to the conlusion it must be my pads somehow moving. On the plus side my front end does feel tighter.

Also got the window reg problem, although mine doesnt mind going up, just doesnt go down sometimes.

S3's are gay.

They're great when they work the way that Audi intended them to.

I'd put a rough estimate on that being around 7-8% of the time - maybe less.

And that 7-8% of the time you think its working fine its not, its just working better than it does the other 82-83% of the time.

"Sex Panther. 60% of the time it works every time!"

633851084254180340-Statistics.jpg

welly im sorry... thats gotta be the quote of the week.

"Yarp - just because I can, doesn't mean I can be *****..... << love it!

I'm feeling a little better about the old girl today. She clunked and banged all the way to work as usual - however - I have just booked up my roof & rear spoiler to be vinyl wrapped next week.

Wicked! :)