Cheap remap

vetch

A4 Avant
Reaction score
http://www.remapscience.co.uk/power.html

Now, Im not affiliated with this company in any way. I came across them while searching for remap info for a mate.

Anyway, throughout the month of June they are offering remaps for £160! Which is pretty cheap. They could be complete pish, who knows! They dont promise massive gains, which is also refreshing!

Dont shoot the messenger...

My motto:

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Sadly I never abide by my own motto though..... lol.

if i was aiming for cheap as possible, id go for rtech

It might run like a dream

Currently getting an error on their page, Matt. What do they charge?

So am I dude, just looked. From memory, and Stage 1 map from R Tech is £250.

They're spot on as well by all accounts.

off the top of my head it was £250. they do a basic health check to make sure its worth your while putting the map on then do before and after dyno plots.

a guy local to me went there. ive see his dyno plots and he has not come back with the usual gay 20vt diesel esq power delivery at all, it delivers the power well and they diagnosed a boost leak in his usual PCV hose

im getting a GF a mk4 20vt. if we dont get one with a remap, ill be taking it to rtech if i cant find a decent priced APR dealer

You get what you paid for!

not always mate, sometimes these place arnt discovered until somebody gives them the chance. Sadly r-tech and revo dealers have the monopoly on this forum and has seemed to become the ultimate place to get a remap... apparently. Personally i think the r-tech guys are bumming the mods

Im going to start my own mapping company, and charge even more than everybody else, bill gates or stephen hawkins will write my maps ( not sure yet) and i will offer no guarentee :nyah:

not always mate, sometimes these place arnt discovered until somebody gives them the chance. Sadly r-tech and revo dealers have the monopoly on this forum and has seemed to become the ultimate place to get a remap... apparently. Personally i think the r-tech guys are bumming the mods

Im going to start my own mapping company, and charge even more than everybody else, bill gates or stephen hawkins will write my maps ( not sure yet) and i will offer no guarentee :nyah:

Want a business partner? Sounds good to me!! :thumbsup:

im getting a GF a mk4 20vt. if we dont get one with a remap, ill be taking it to rtech if i cant find a decent priced APR dealer

As you have several? Did make me lol a little.

Thanks for the info pal, once the site is up again I will look into locations, although the 300 odd for CC remap/Green cotton filter/Forge 007p from JBS is mightily tempting.

Wow that's cheap! Don't have mine mapped but I wouldn't wana chance it incase it caused something to break! For the money what does it claim the performance improvements?

Wow that's cheap! Don't have mine mapped but I wouldn't wana chance it incase it caused something to break! For the money what does it claim the performance improvements?

Same as any other stage 1 map or there abouts. Expect up to about 250 bhp.

As you have several? Did make me lol a little.

Thanks for the info pal, once the site is up again I will look into locations, although the 300 odd for CC remap/Green cotton filter/Forge 007p from JBS is mightily tempting.
got loads, anything would be like eating one sweet from the pick and mix (dont tell her i said that, please?!)

as for
>CC remap/Green cotton filter/Forge 007p

panel filter = no gain (in fact a loss of filtration which is stupid)
007p = every probably knows my views on that. oe items do die, but often last well over 100k miles. an OE item can die four times over before youre out of pocket compared to a forge and ive know people with a forge still getting compressor surge so i dont beleive they respond well enough

cc remap = ive seen loads of their plots and almost invariably they result in "gay 20vt power delivery" syndrome which really puts me off these engines. the further you can get away from the car feeling like a diesel the better

Quite a few replies I see. The old "which remap is best" debate has been done to death. But for someone who fancies a bit more oomph out of their standard 150bhp 1.8t, this remap company is probably as good as any other, only cheaper. Which is why I thought I started the thread. I probably wouldn't take my S3 there, but then I probably wouldn't take it to any of the places that offer generic maps. Mods or not, I'd want a bespoke map on a rolling road.

post up a few of their plots, then people can see what the outcome is likely to be and then (hopefully) make up their own mind about which map they want (or just follow whichever crowd theyre already following)

thumbnailaspx.jpg

dyno lottery applied to the figures that dynos claim, not the profile of the torque output

if you have figures which can be different every time then surely it can be a lottery with whats in the graph ?

peak figures really dont matter though, especially BHP on a dyno because of the way its just a calculation but torque figures generally can be relied on to an extent but its the profile that the plot shows which makes all the difference

cc remap = ive seen loads of their plots and almost invariably they result in "gay 20vt power delivery" syndrome which really puts me off these engines. the further you can get away from the car feeling like a diesel the better

what plot are you referring to as gay 20vt power delivery?
want more power up the rev range, fit a decent sized turbo

;)

if you have figures which can be different every time then surely it can be a lottery with whats in the graph ?

Me7 ecu is a load based ecu - yea
applied loads WILL have an effect on how the ecu reacts

different dyno's apply loads differently
Different gears will produce different loads, hence different spool characteristics..

So yes, the dynoplots CAN and WILL be different, some showing much spikier apparent torque delivery than in the real world driving on actual roads, accelerating thru gears, accelerating the fixed mass car etc

well yeah. the plots ive seen for cars with apr software all basically looked fantastic, i posted some a while back that Badger had compared to an Oettenger one years back.

before i bought the S4 i was looking into remaps etc and again, the APR ones were no showing daft diesel esp power deliveries, which i personally would want to avoid for a lot of reasons

The Special offer is still on and I have called at the garage all seem to no what remaping is about impreesed with staff and equipment
I have booked my 2.0 TD1 in for this week so will let you no

And as they they say if you are not happy they will return it back to standard and give you your money back

You can also have it put vack at any time for £30

got any dyno plots so you know what youre actually getting?

http://www.remapscience.co.uk/power.html

Now, Im not affiliated with this company in any way. I came across them while searching for remap info for a mate.

Anyway, throughout the month of June they are offering remaps for £160! Which is pretty cheap. They could be complete pish, who knows! They dont promise massive gains, which is also refreshing!

Dont shoot the messenger...

The Special offer is still on and I have called at the garage all seem to no what remaping is about impressed with staff and equipment
I have booked my 2.0 TD1 in for this week so will let you no

And as they they say if you are not happy they will return it back to standard and give you your money back

You can also have it put back at any time for £30

cant find any dyno plots on there or am i being thick again?

cant find any dyno plots on there or am i being thick again?

It not included with the £150

"If you would like your vehicle uniquely tuned on our Rolling Road Dyno with printouts before and after then it costs £75 extra on top of the prices that you see above"

but wouldnt it be good to see what the torque profile is going to be before you hand over £150 or dont people want to know what theyre getting before they pay? (just a tip for your website) ;)

Cheap generic engine tuning doesn't sound great to me. But you pays yer money you takes yer choice.

I would love to see dyno plots from this place, i did ask for them one but diddnt realy get any where with him.

I was considering them but dont want to buy unless i can see a dyno plot