Torque

shagga

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone confirm the maximum torque of a standard '02 S3. My manual is for the 210bhp model... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance

[ QUOTE ]
shagga said:
Hi All,
Can anyone confirm the maximum torque of a standard '02 S3. My manual is for the 210bhp model... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

In standard form? claimed 199lb.ft...But usually a bit more.

Rich

Lovely cars, my mate has just put his up for sale!
I think he's hoping no one will have any interest so he can have a reason for keeping it!! Only reason for the sale is the length of the loan he took out to buy it in the first place!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks guys,
Going to look at a couple on Wednesday both of which are '04 models so I'm getting more doors, same performance, better brakes and two years newer. Not happy with cloth interior though.

hijacking the thread....

cupra v s3
i'd imagine the driving experience is very different too?
Not saying which is better....
but surely that is the key factor, not ulitimate figures or interior toys? just my opinion.....

i do like cupra's and as with civic type r's i do have a glance at them once in a while and wonder if i made the wrong choice..especially after having my mirrors nicked.....somebody keying my car..etc...but then i come out a roundabout and the floor it and the quattro kicks in and i'm a happy bunny again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

not being biased at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but have you considered an octavia 4x4? pretty much all its missing from the S3 is the leather but has bags more room and a bit of a Q car, has the 150bhp engine but still good for about 250 if you fit a big fmic/chip/CAI/exhaust

hahaha skoda's are rubbish, skips on wheels!!! hang on, where did that skip go?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

My dads got a fabia VRS and they all ripped him at work. Only to see him disappear down the road. I was gonna get a skoda, but the wife didnt want the badge.

I had a run-in with a Fabia recently and couldn't loose him on a dual carrigeway! I was gobsmacked, especially what I looked it up on the internet when I got home, as it was a diesel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Obviously very tuned-up, but still got me thinking....

My old man has caught me off guard on the motorway plenty of times. It is only at over 100mph that I can start to pull him back (we have a really really long drive at home, not on public roads). Still wish I had brought one of them, although the interior is sh!te if you ask me. The fabric choice, not the build quality that is. They are really light grey cloth and just asking to get dirty.
My friend is getting one and he has a labrador....oh dear!