Temperamental DIS - Where did it go!

W

Wizander

Hey Guys,

Wonder if anyone would mind answering a query I have, or shedding some light on the issue.

On Friday I filled up at the pumps and decided to reset my DIS via the button on the underside of the stalk.

After pressing the button, the DIS appeared to turn off, and then back on about 3 minutes later whilst driving. I thought that it was a one-off and didn't think anything of it. On the Saturday before setting off on a long weekend to Liverpool with the GF I decided to reset the DIS once more and it now seems to have stopped completely.

Interestingly, the 'OK' display at the top of the DIS DOES come on as expected, everytime. :banghead:

I'm driving a '99 (T Reg) T Sport. Is my Information Display on its way out? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the time and effort. :icon_thumright:

Paul.

OK, the reset button under the wiper stalk, you need to hold it down to reset the figures, but if you just tap it, the DIS display flicks on and off with each press, which sounds like what you are doing. On start up of the car, the top half of the DIS lights up to tell you it's 'OK' in orange, or will blink red to warn you if something is wrong, like low oil pressure regardless if it's on or off.

Sometimes you just have to admit when you make a silly mistake, but I respect the quick response jojo. :thumbsup: