Airbag fault getting annoying - '01218'

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
hi posted before with no avail but will try again.

I keep getting my airbag light reappearing, the problem is on the passenger side seat and tends to only re appear when somebody moves the seat!

the fault code is this:
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter: Passenger Side (N200)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent

as previously advised I disconnected the connection under the seat and cleaned it, although it didnt look dirty or lose. Problem seems to be wiring but not sure how to trace it.

Anybody who helps me fix this will get my upmost respect:respekt: as my passengers do get nervious when they see the airbag light come on.

Cheers, Jim

It was sad to see no response at all to this post, so here's my experience today (over 5 years later) with my S6. The plan would be to disconnect the battery and test the wiring from the Airbag ECU to the seat. Fortunately for A6 C6 4F owners there is a pin out of the Airbag ECU connector at http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagnostic/ecu_10451.html The airbag ECU (J234) is buried under the centre console but you can find out how to remove that here I had replaced my airbag ECU and then got the passenger side airbag igniter issue. VCDS MVB for the airbag ECU confirmed "low resistance". I removed the passenger seat and prepared myself to unearth the airbag ECU (again). But on inspection of the airbag floor connector I spied a tiny, tiny piece of plastic in it. When I removed that and reassembled then all was well. I hope you are as lucky as I was.