Intereior lights not going out!

AudiiduA

Reaction score
Hi all. i noticed the interior lights arnt going out and the info panel says drivers door still open! seems to be much worse the hotter the weather! anyone had a similar prob?
Cheers fellas:)

microswitch on the door....I had it and you might also experiance the three beeps from your alarm in the morning because its doing overtime

microswitch on the door....I had it and you might also experiance the three beeps from your alarm in the morning because its doing overtime

Cheers for that! but where is it located as i have looked and cant find anything????? usually a button or summat!!!

Do a search mate, there is a full write up on here somewhere, I used it and so have a few others and it works a treat, basically, you need a wire hanger and need to have a feel around in the locking mechanism on the side of the door, you can tell you are touching it as the light on the inside of the door will go on and off when you make contact, it just needs a tug to sort it.

Mine old one does this too, in Really hot weather it wouldn't recognise the drivers door being shut.

As a result, your alarm also won't arm when you lock the car....

Most annoying

My S3 used to do this all the time and very rarely now since I poked the microswitch with a coat hanger wire and lagged the switch in Molyslip spray. If it does 'stick', a normal (none forceful) door open-shut usually cures it.