Bank holiday goodies:)

Sandip

Reaction score
Well thought i'd post some pictures up of some things i now need to get onto my car. I will soon pick up the 350mm discs, braided hoses and pads.
I spotted the JBS K04 Manifold on pistonheads around 2 days ago. The manifold is still not in production and i'm not sure when it will be. When i saw it for sale on pistonheads i couldn't resist! My oem manifold does have a very slight crack in it so instead of paying £300 for the oem i went for the JBS manifold. Hopefully it'll fit ok and the car will run just as nice if not better:)

P5301219.jpg

P5301215.jpg

That manifold looks sweet! Actualy so do the brakes you lucky fella!

Yes Paul it's actually the JBS mani for the ko4:yes: I'm very surprised no one on here spotted it! Thanks Matt, the brakes will be complete soon, once i get the disc i'll put pics up of the full lot

Fair play to you mate... not even Bill has managed to get hold of one yet!... Bill... get on it!!

<tuffty/>

350mm discs! Nice. Bet they'll cost some...

Wonder why the manifold isn't available from JBS, yet some people already have it??

Thanks guys, from what the fella told me JBS only have 2, one on their TT and this one i have. The brakes are Compbrake 4pots and i'm keeping them yellow Finesse:) I want people stare lol
I'm sure that JBS must be close to releasing the manifold though, i'm just hoping fitting it won't be too much trouble:faint:

Yes Jo the S3 is staying:s3addict:

What would be the benifit of the jbs manifold over oem? Better performace??

their TT is the 400 bhp and 400 tourque one so it cannot be bad

You Jammy Fcuker that was some find..How much did it set you back?

I hope so, the flow is supposed to better than oem. But mine has a crack in it anyway so this mani should be better lol

It'll be good for the future too if i ever feel like going BT

It 'should' flow better than OEM which will help spool (like a K04 needs help lol) and keep the EGT's down meaning less chance the ECU will over fuel to keeps cylinder temps down...

Difficult to say if it will increase overall BHP etc as its still a K04 and thats still limited on flow regardless on how much flow you have but if its well made (the K03 mani JBS do seems very well made) it should be a more than suitable replacement for the worthless piece of iron that is the OEM mani...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Nice one dude, looking forward to the pics when the disks and calipers are on.

JBS TT with a K04 hybrid and a Special manifold... 400bhp+400 torque?
I ****** hope not!
JBS pushed my old set up as far as it could go with a hybrid k04 and that max'd out at 311 bhp
So a decat and a new exhaust manifold means another 89 bhp?
Ive done the down pipe and decat.... where do i sign up for the mani??????
on a serious note though... i will be waiting a while before i would pay for this mani, I want to see how it fairs with cracking over time and repeated cycles of.... hot,cold hot cold...
What wheels do you have matie? Those brakes will look huge !

Main reason why i got this mani Paul is because mine needs changing any way and from what i've been seeing and hearing the oem is a bit poo lol Hopefully the jbs one will be ok and withstand the cycles of hot and cold and won't crack:)

I've got two sets of wheels, 18" satin black rstt's and 19" bbs rs861's, the brakes will fit with both wheels:)

Paul,they must of put a hybrid on it as it was them figures but I think this was the spec/times "JBS GT30 C-C mapped MK1 TT = 3.22 0-60 and constant 11.70 Quarts"

You jammi f***a, wounder if JBS know someone's been selling their manifold lol.

Good find mate, be interesting to see how the car runs with it on.

Sandip/voorhees,
I wasnt having a pop at either the figures you put or the hope for gains.
More the disbelief of the figures tuners claim their new product wil give.
Then when it doesnt the blame is put on your car.
I hope too sandip that it will hold together better than the poop one that is standard on our cars.

Sandip/voorhees,
I wasnt having a pop at either the figures.
No Paul the TT was the one above,with the GT30 and I think it had some NoS in there as well...so they must have changed the engine.
and yes the tuners do tend to big up power figures

Sandip/voorhees,
I wasnt having a pop at either the figures you put or the hope for gains.
More the disbelief of the figures tuners claim their new product wil give.
Then when it doesnt the blame is put on your car.
I hope too sandip that it will hold together better than the poop one that is standard on our cars.

:icon_thumright: I know you weren't having a pop Paul, jbs must still be trialling the mani on their TT, if i don't get gains i won't be dissapointed, my car needs mapping anyway:)

Dani > jbs sold this mani to the fella i bought it off. If something goes wrong then i'll accept it as my problem. But from what a can see this manifold seems well made, hats of to jbs:)

The TT they where going to trial the mani on was a green soft top.
Im pretty sure it was completely stock then fitted a hybrid to compair the gains of the manifold on a stock turbo and then with a hybrid.
I realy hope it does give good gains as i would look at this as the final stage of mine but i want to make at least 350 bhp and fear this wouldnt be possible with any turbo k04 based. So then its big turbo time ...

Thanks guys, from what the fella told me JBS only have 2, one on their TT and this one i have. The brakes are Compbrake 4pots and i'm keeping them yellow Finesse:) I want people stare lol
I'm sure that JBS must be close to releasing the manifold though, i'm just hoping fitting it won't be too much trouble:faint:

Yes Jo the S3 is staying:s3addict:
ahh this be why you were asking me about the jbs mani then :cool: nice find fella,

as for getting the stare from people get them rims painted then :nyah:

No, the manifold may have to sit and collect dust for a while. After asking a lot of people, they all suggested the best way of fitting it would be to remove the head, so basically head gasket job.

My plan is now to get my timing belt service sorted and get my brakes done ....i want to get the most out of the manifold and to do that i need a gt28rs or ko4 hybrid and this will have to wait til next year because i need the 3"downpipe and cat first lol

I wish the manifold was a simple job!

On times like this, try the lottery! I was despirate for a kfc the other day and thought, "ahh i need one!!" Did the lotto and won £10! haha :) Make sure you put pics of the brakes!

i want it mate so nearly picked the phone up to ring you lol, just havent really got the spare cash atm aghhhh i want it though lol, you got the bolt fittings aswell???

good call that mate...cant see the gains being massive versus cost on a standard KO4

i must admit i got the magpie eyes when i saw it but in much the same position as you.....

Hmmm jbs manifold or graphics card...Shame dont have any data on the manifold to see if it will actually do anything.

comparing both the manifolds the bore of the jbs is larger compared to the oem, so i would expect it to have more flow