Smoking Tailights

Ashc11TT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have an Audi A3 1.8T 1999, and i am looking to smoke the rear tailights, but am unsure of the best route to take, is it a case of just buying new lights, or are u able to smoke them yourself?

thnx for anyhelp in advance guys..

:)

Buy some tint spray and do them yourself.

Start with a few light coats, then if they aren't dark enough do another couple.

^^what he said....

make sure its glossy or it will look gash. there is tinting spray you can buy that has lacquer in it already.

i think i have some already tinted rear lights under my stairs for the a3. cant remember if there still there or not

Hi, thnx for the replys lads, i have actually just take off the ligts, and iv realised that they are a sealed unit, i cant see a way how to just get the casing off to spray, it seems to be split up into sections for the different bulbs..

mm, not sure, have u actaully had the casing off before then?

cheers..

Oh.. that would make sense, will the weather not affect it? i guess thats common practice then?

thats great coz i went and brought some tinting spray so im ready to go.. :)

Also im really liking your custom grille on the pistonheads add, how did you do that? must say your a3 looks sweet.. :)

Last edited:
in short.... SPrayed the rings and surrounds black.. used a cut down S badge and apoxyed a bolt ti it. drilled a hole in my grill and used washers and a nut to secure it! shimples.

And thanks... you can buy it if you like lol :)

Niice.. Are the grill s easy to get off, or is it a bumper off job?

thnx for your help dude, its much apreciated..

When I first saw the tittle of this thread, an image popped up in my head of someone stuffing a taillight into a rizla :drag:

lol, ^^^^^^ Leshkin

ye most probally didnt word that right, and i was thinking, and i agree reptor245, might look abit chavvy.. thanks for the replys guys..