Audi A3 advice

JCC1981

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new car soon and i'm stuck at figuring out what to buy, I've been looking at the A3 1.8T & the A3 1.9 TDI (130), certain specs look really good (17" alloys, etc).... others i'm not to keen on.

What are peoples opinions on the A3 (fun aspect, mpg, reliability, wherez the best place to buy them, etc)?

well u've made the right choice 2 source information on sites such as this! lots of peeps around 2 help.

Most opinions will of course be a bit biased as the majority of us love them! just have a search around on here to try find out specifics about each car. I drive an a3 t-sport, and I had the same concerns as you by the sounds of things with petrol consumption etc - but I find it pretty good! avg 30mpg and that's in heavily built up areas on the route to and from work. as for fun, there's lots! looks are fab! reliabilty seems to be spectacular, however it is a car and things will go wrong - so just keeping fingers x'd and doing ma best to look after her.

hope that helps a bit - might boost ya enthusiasm. if I was to advise on buying; make sure u get FSH (and check it), general looks, has it had a hard life? status of the seats/steering wheel/gear shifta, does it have a tow bar - you know the usual kind of things. try get one with plenty of options; leather seats, climate control, possibly an arm rest. If i was looking now I'd go for a facelift model too!

There's plenty for you to think about and hopefully narrow the choices down to define the one you want (or possibly confuse u more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers Rob for the info,

I've been quite keen on the Audi's for awhile.... i've talked myself out of a S3 as i'd like some money left at the end of the month instead of spending it all on fuel and insurance.

So i've narrowed it down to the 1.8t Sport or a 1.9 Tdi (130).....not been a great fan of TDI's but i'm keeping my options open.

I've been mainly lookin in the Audi dealerships at what they've got in stock...but not having a great amount of luck at the moment, i always almost find exactly what i want but it always turns out to be sold or have a auto box in it! or its at the other end of the country!

Plus there priced around £14-15K with 15-30K on the clock....are they worth the money?