Fuse locations...boost gauge wows...

BigD-a3tq

Reaction score
I know theres one in drivers side dash and also 3 on top of the battery cover is there any more?................ the reason i ask?.......

...Last week i spliced my boost gauge into the back of the lights switch which worked fine, illuminated when lights were turned on etc, Pukka!

At weekend as the weather was nice i thought i'd connect the boost side of things, following a guide i attached it to the FPR pipe and poked it through the bulkhead where the bonnet release cable goes through, easy no problems!

Next i took the under part of the dash off (below the steering wheel) and disconnected all the wiring looms
(OBD port lights etc..) still fine, P.O.P i thought !

UNTIL **bang** whilst near the pedals trying to find the boost pipe and piece of coat hanger it was atttached to i saw a spark in the corner of my eye come from one of the disconnected wiring harnesses...Danglies i thought now what! stopped what i was doing and turned the ignition i thought i may have blown and fuse, but no, no problems on the display, result i thought! and carried on.

It wasn't until i turned my lights on later that night that i got a beep and a warning symbol on the DIS and now neither the boost gauge nor light switch iluminate, after consulting the handbook i concluded i must have blown a fuse so checked all the fuses (drivers dash) but no, nothing blown do i have any fuses anywhere i should check?

Any advice appreciated!
Muchas gracias!
Daz

So what symbol you got on the dash then?

at work at mo and cant remember off the top of me head so once i get home i'll have a look and try to describe it.

album.php
according to the handbook the symbol = Bulb failure; dipped headlights or rear lights

If i put the keys in with the ignition turned on and turn on my lights everything works EXCEPT rear O/S side light, light switch illumination and boost gauge.

If i take the keys out and put the O/S parking light on, the light switch and boost gauge both illuminate?????

Is this something the free version of vag-com will pick up??