How to remove the battery..

random101

Reaction score
Okay so i'm wondering on how i would go about removing the battery im really stumped atm and not sure where to go...

The battery is wrapped in a fabric which is sitting in a box.
It also has a little box onto of the battery which i am unsure as to how to get it off.. furthermore.. remove the batter :banghead:

If I recall, it's not difficult and fairly obvious, once the fuse panel on top, which has a catch on the front, is hinged back off the top of the battery. You should then be able to see a bracket or two holding it in place, with bolts down at the base of the battery.

Cheers,

A bad photo..

Is it that bolt just inside of the shadow?
IMG_1875.jpg
(bottom centre of screen??)

I have removed that latch that was on the battery but cant seem to work out the other side?

IMG_1876.jpg

i hate that fabric cover it gets in the way. i just ripped mine off in a rage. :mad:

have u take all the metal plates off at each side? or loosened at least?

does it move at all or is it still stuck stiff?

There are metal plates? the only piece i found was that black one,
So far i have only undone one bolt (the one which was holding the fuse box, and loosened the connectors and took that off

Everything else is still pretty ridged and not showing any sings of moving

OK, my car S3 AMK, I assume its the same, although i dont have the fabric flap over the top of the battery just a fabric sleeve that the battery sits in

The fuse box was attched to the battery housing with plastic clips that you just have to press in to release, the fuse box then folds up and out of the way

And then at the base, at the front of the battery there is a metal securing plate which is bolted down to stop the battery from moving around. Undo the bolt and remove the plate (Dont drop it), and that should be it as far as i recall

from seat forums

Unclip the top fuse holder and cables from the battery, and lift up vertically until the unit unclips at the rear of the battery. Using a philips screwdriver, remove the panels at the front of the car (4 screws) as this allows better access to the 13mm nut that holds the battery in place, which you then need to undo, to losen the battery. Pull the battery upwards and out of the engine bay. Your engine bay should now look like the photo below.

nobattery.jpg

although hopefully, unlike the photo above, you'll still have a MAF and an airbox ;)

although hopefully, unlike the photo above, you'll still have a MAF and an airbox ;)

lol yeh that pic was taken from an induction fitting guide. the battery bit was relevent to this post so i just pinched that part hehe :happy:

:banghead:

Deff can not find the 4 screws.. the battery will not move a mm and i cant seem to find a way to get that fuse cover up and off.. there must be something im missing. .

when you say you cant get the fuse cover off, do you mean that you are trying to remove the lid that covers the fuse box on top of the battery? You need to lift the whole fuse box off the battery, although i should say that your set up looks different to mine.

The reason the battery isn't budging is probably because the securing plate hasnt been removed, which is at the very base of the battery on the front side

I mean the whole fuse box, that metal rod that spans across the battery i detached from the one side but it goes into some plastic gizmo between the airbox and batt and well doesn't seem to be budging

Thanks for your help guys really appreciate it :)

yeah, well im not sure about that metal bracket across the top of your battery, I dont have that bracket on my car

interesting... of all the things I have done to the car, i didn't think i would struggle most with the batt.

Please keep the ideas coming :D will get there!

:) lol, i was looking at your sig and thinking how is this guy getting stuck with the battery??

Not sure if you've succeeded yet but here is how Audi do it. I'm pretty sure the filter box removal is just so they can bump up the hours though as last time I changed mine I didn't have to remove it.

batteryd.png

The metal bracket you can see accross the top of the battery in the pic below right? you need to push down the flat black bit to release the hook type thing clipped onto the top edge of the battery.

IMG_1876.jpg