My logs, what do people think?

Sandip

Reaction score
Ash3435 did some logs for me over the weekend. I'm been wondering what map my car has ever since i bought it, anyway here are the logs. Any comments on the logs would be greatly appreciated. Before anyone mentions it, i never redlined it, should of though. I'll be getting a decat and getting more logs in the future. According to ash and his mate my car is very smooth and Ajec in Gloucester said the same when they dyno'd it.

If someone could post the actually log up instead of the link, that would be great lol

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x28/sandip_07/LOG1.gif

sandiplog.jpg

You definately need to do another log in third gear from 2k revs to redline. Your max airflow is only 180 g/s which is 225 HP. Probably a bit more in there if you'd gone all the way up. Your actual boost pressure seems slow to reach the required boost aswell. I thought mine was lagging but yours doesn't reach required boost till about 3,900 revs. It might just be the rpm intervals VAGCOM has logged it at. Might be worth logging group 118 at the same time as these two, which will show you the N75 duty cycle to see if it's reacting to the boost demand.

Sorry s3dave, you must have got there as I was writing mine.

Thanks ollie, it was very hot on saturday so not sure if that would make a difference, your right about me redlining it, i'll be doing more logs. Mines an AMK so would you say the figures are of a mapped s3 or are they just 'good' figures

Thanks ollie, it was very hot on saturday so not sure if that would make a difference, your right about me redlining it, i'll be doing more logs. Mines an AMK so would you say the figures are of a mapped s3 or are they just 'good' figures

Well from what I've read, the AMK's remap to the same as a BAM. It's difficult to say. You had 180 g/s at 5,920 revs. A remapped AMK should make about 200 g/s (250 HP ) ?? so would you make another 20 g/s in that final 1k revs? Don't know... Mine only made another 8 g/s from 8k to 8,800 revs, so if yours followed a similar pattern, you would have 188 g/s ish, approx 235 HP. Yours being 210 HP as standard I would say it has definately been mapped (especially as it was a hot day), but maybe the map is not all that. I'm just guessing here, maybe someone else will have a better answer. There is the possibility your MAF isn't reading as high as it used to.

Well from what I've read, the AMK's remap to the same as a BAM. It's difficult to say. You had 180 g/s at 5,920 revs. A remapped AMK should make about 200 g/s (250 HP ) ?? so would you make another 20 g/s in that final 1k revs? Don't know... Mine only made another 8 g/s from 8k to 8,800 revs, so if yours followed a similar pattern, you would have 188 g/s ish, approx 235 HP. Yours being 210 HP as standard I would say it has definately been mapped (especially as it was a hot day), but maybe the map is not all that. I'm just guessing here, maybe someone else will have a better answer. There is the possibility your MAF isn't reading as high as it used to.

Stage 1 maps read anywhere from 190 - 200+ G/S normally. 6000 RPM and 180 G/S is about right, another 1000 and you would of been in and around the right band.

I would be 95% sure that it's been mapped looking at the air flow, as a 210 would only make in and around the 170s. Logging block 115 would be a more accurate way of telling (boost requested vs actual).

Also, a longer log would of been more useful...

The maf is quite new but i get where your coming from. I was thinking that the map could possibly be Giac, i've been researching and Giac are supposed to be small smooth gains which is what mine is showing. I've tried putting Revo and APR on and the car didn't take either

The maf is quite new but i get where your coming from. I was thinking that the map could possibly be Giac, i've been researching and Giac are supposed to be small smooth gains which is what mine is showing. I've tried putting Revo and APR on and the car didn't take either

Didn't take how mate?

What age is the car?

He's logged group 115 above. The map is asking for 1.5 bar above atmospheric at 5320 rpm. Not sure what standard boost is, but I'm guessing it's less than this.

Stage 1 maps read anywhere from 190 - 200+ G/S normally. 6000 RPM and 180 G/S is about right, another 1000 and you would of been in and around the right band.

I would be 95% sure that it's been mapped looking at the air flow, as a 210 would only make in and around the 170s. Logging block 115 would be a more accurate way of telling (boost requested vs actual).

Also, a longer log would of been more useful...

What do you mean by longer log Welly? I'm quite new to logging so i'm in the learning stage :)

He's logged group 115 above. The map is asking for 1.5 bar above atmospheric at 5320 rpm. Not sure what standard boost is, but I'm guessing it's less than this.

Oh, good spot! I could only see the fuzzy one, having some browser issues on my PC at the moment which I can't be ***** to fix! 1.5 bar above atmos. is deffo, 1000% mapped. Standard 210 boost is around about the 0.8 bar mark.

What do you mean by longer log Welly? I'm quite new to logging so i'm in the learning stage :)

Longer logs are more useful for comparisons mate, it also gives you a better idea of how the car performs under various conditions - i.e. pulling up a hill in a low gear for example will show you what boost is being requested there for example. I normally log for about 3 or 4 mins of spanking.

Just looked here: http://www.giacusa.com/faq.php which says on the answer to FAQ 2 that the chips are soldered in, so I would imagine this is why other maps are not able to be flashed onto your ECU.

Yep, thats the only reason they wouldn't flash through the OBD. Might be worth trying to get the original chip soldered back on to the board if you have it?

would also concur with it being mapped, that is a high command pressure. Wish mine would spike at 2400 mbar

would also concur with it being mapped, that is a high command pressure. Wish mine would spike at 2400 mbar

Hmmmm, agreed. A BIG spike. Personally I would put a manual boost controller on there to drop it down a bit, requesting 1.5 bar boost on standard internals is a bit much IMO.

No don't have the original chip, bought it 4yrs ago like it is. Is there anything that could make it spike at 2400mbar and request 1.5bar apart from the ecu? The n75 is less than a year old and i've bypassed the n249. Ajec did say that it's running lean top end. Just trying to figure my car out lol

This is what i got at Ajec
PC131017.jpg

PC131019.jpg

Nope, the map is requesting that boost, so that's that basically....

Leaning off at top end won't be the boost further down I wouldn't think. Where abouts in the world are you anyway dude?

Hmmmm, agreed. A BIG spike. Personally I would put a manual boost controller on there to drop it down a bit, requesting 1.5 bar boost on standard internals is a bit much IMO.

Man up Welly, 22psi on standard internals isn't pushing it at all..... :)

Christ, Glen ran his at something horrific like 1.7-1.8 bar back in the day when he did all his testing!

My AGU ran 1.65 bar on standard internals at 170k miles for a year without issue!

Something's not right at all Sandip, your boost is well behind requested, and the figures seem very poor for a mapped car.

How does it feel to drive?

I get about 187 g/s and about 16-17 and im running a standard map (defo).

My logs aint tom different to yours but im making my boost earlier than you.

You cars map is very poor from the look of it as im getting simliar figures on a standard map.

I did say when you got your car dyno'd that i didnt believe it was running healthy (performance wise) or mapped as your making near standard figures.

Last edited:

You cars map is very poor from the look of it as im getting simliar figures on a standard map.

I did say when you got your car dyno'd that i didnt believe it was running healthy (performance wise) or mapped as your making near standard figures.

APY, AMK or BAM though - standard figures will vary between the 225s and the 210s.

Bear in mind that it is also on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road, which are known for being 'conservative' with figures.

Last edited:

Christ, Glen ran his at something horrific like 1.7-1.8 bar back in the day when he did all his testing!

My AGU ran 1.65 bar on standard internals at 170k miles for a year without issue!

Something's not right at all Sandip, your boost is well behind requested, and the figures seem very poor for a mapped car.

Hmmmm, after my experiences of standard con rods - I'm always scared..... :scared2:

Maybe you're right.... Man up I shall....

Anyway, as Prawn said, boost is well behind requested and it shouldn't be. Generally indicates something not right.

Last edited:
When does other peeps actual boost meet requested boost? Mines at 3,600 revs which I thought was late (Standard DP and exhausts though). Anyones any earlier than that?

Thought I'd post up a recent quick log for comparison purposes. I haven't logged 115 on this run, as was logging 020 (knock sensors) instead to keep an eye on my engine timing (as it's been messed about with - that was the whole point of the run).

Block 118 is logged though which shows actual boost and N75 duty cycle. You can see that my N75 isn't working too hard to make the requested boost - which is why I am installing an MBC. I think the map has more to give me, and I intend to have it! LOL.

It's in PDF format so you will have to download it here:

http://www.thewellings.co.uk/audi-sport/logs/welly-log.pdf.

My peak air flow is around the 6000-6500 mark, which is unusual, and must be down to the large port head and turbo config.

More boost should help though.

Last edited:

Hi Prawn, the car feels really good tbh, no flat spots and boost feels ok too. I've sat in revo, cc and i've driven jojo's amd stg1 and i'd say mine feel very close to the amd. The big thing on mine is it pulls very smoothly, not as punchy as a revo or cc.

I've not got a heavy foot and i've had a play with two S3's and i've been in front on both of them

My car was running lean top end but generally the car was perfect. All Stage1 8L S3's were coming out at 230bhp at Ajec so mine was 10bhp behind them

Did some logs tonight, will be posted up tomorrow, 2k to red line and logs of the correct blocks. Would appreciate any comments

again, still pretty far behind on actual boost

get your boost leaks sorted

would be good to see ****** too

******? I assume you are referring to timing pull? Block 020, second image :)

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
again, still pretty far behind on actual boost

get your boost leaks sorted

would be good to see ****** too

Didn't think i had a boost leak Matt, my pcv is in a sorry state at the moment, could this be the issue?

Badger> I think my foot was planted, once i get the pcv sorted i'll do more logs.

I want my car to be running right before i do actually get the ****** mapped, think its standard to be honest