My logs, what do people think?

pcv... take it off the tip, give the connector a wipe and then blow in there. youll find out pretty fast where its leaking

should be air tight

that will be letting unmetered air in

Think i'm going to take lot off and sort it out next week, theres oil misting underneath the intake manifold, sick off cleaning it:(

cleaning it? its there because theres a split. prevention or cure. fix the mofo. can be fidley.

whilst youre at it, check the one way valve that goes into the pcv. i now keep 2-3 spare because every car i come across seems to have either the one way valve dead or the hose split.

as for the hose i done use a vag replacement (uneconomical) i have a reel of peroxide something or other treated silicon hose (ie it can withstand oil mist) so lasts indefinately. love it.

that could be a big leak for you, but as for the pcv, easiest way to test that is just to blow in there

theyre not hard engines to look after tbh youll love it when its fixed

Thanks Matt, i'll be buying the pcv and a few other bits along with the Forge replacements and a new intake manifold gasket (powergasket). Once i've done it all, i'll do some more logs, will be interesting to see how much difference a tired pcv system makes to a brand new one:)