Looking for cheap wheels & Tyres for S3

nadine_s3

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle,Mr Police Man decided against giving me 12 points the other day with my 4 worst for wear tyres:busted_cop: & enthusiatic driving:racer:... so I'm looking for some tyres, but whilst looking for tyres, have come across some wheels with good tyres on ... 1 set I Love and always have are Borbet A's but they are 16's :unsure: and ET15 ... Have a bad feeling they are not even gonna fit over the calipers, but the guys in Cardiff and said I can go try them and if I like them can buy them if not then ah well!

Don't know what to do! Also asked a guy about TT Comps Mirror/Polished, but He's not budging on £450 I have offered him £350, as I have seen them going for £250-£350 but not more?!

Or do I just go out and spend £320 on some new pirelli tyres?!

Anyone know of any 17" or 18" for sale? with tyres??

eBay, Pistonheads Classfieds and the Classifieds section on here will be your best bet Nadine.

I have found some on wheel whores, Borbet A's but they are 16's (Really don't think It's a good idea but never know & I Love Borbet A's - also managed to knock him down from £450 to £350 which is not bad for Genuine Borbet A's with new decent tyres!!) gonna see them Thursday try them on, then just gonna have to slam it! Some nice ones on Pistonheads, havent found much on ebay but will have a browse through here now! Thank You :friends:

450 for tt comps isnt too bad if they have good tyres. You can get ttrs reps or rs6 reps for between £400-500 with cheap tyres.

I suppose not, but He's said on article He paid £300 for them with tyres I'm not expecting to give someone £150 profit because the tyres are newer lol , I do really like them but I love Borbet A's more! Always fancied a set and if they fit - I may find myself having a bargain .... We'll see how it goes Thursday evening! I like RS6 Reps!

Nadine, have a look on Edition38, you will need to register to see the classifieds, but they always have a huge amount of alloys/tyres up for sale on there and some at a decent price too, the TT Comps are very expensive at that price, you can pick them up for about £200 now.

Ok I'm gonna get linched now, but looking at a set of new A8 reps tonight with tyres, for £300... thinking brill for saving my license with new tyres, can now get my AVUS's refurbbed & thirdly will make tidy winter wheels :) Know not many people like them but think they are gonna be ideal for what I need.... also gonna try borbet A's tonight just incase ;) they are 2 miles from eachother so worth a look... also RS4 reps have been offered to me ! so just gotta see how it goes tonight now!

Thanks for your help guys ! x

I know I know I know, but in my price range, gonna get my Avus' refurbbed and chuck the tyres off the A8's on to my Avus' .... then either sell the A8's or keep them for the winter to chuck on ... it's a temporary thing Voorhees - PROMISE!!!

As I said ... I know I know I know lol! But have to get something ASAP! Like right now!! and they are cheap, and I'm gonna have my avus' refurbbed and chuck the tyres on them then :)

Nadine, im sure the A8s are 18s, so just double check, as if they are you know the tyres off them aint going to fit your Avus's??

Have double checked, they are 17's :) Thank You though :-*

Looks it gonna be for a week or so , so can't be that bad lol! I promise to keep my head down and not post photos in shame lol!!!

Yes we know drain plugs bla bla, I need my AVUS's refurbed and when I get them done at £20 a corner then I need to get them done sooner rather than later!

Also do u suggest I go for the RS4 reps instead???

OR... I'm gonna put tinsy 16" Borbet A's (one of my fave wheels) and buy coilovers to?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My head is spinning lol! Just need something cheap with tidy tyres and these options are within like 30mile radius!!!

I WANT :sign_pics: of these 17" A8 reps, you can't put them on and not show pics! :laugh:

They actually didn't look bad, with photos sent to my friends that HATE them, and they agreed they looked ok and would do the job! BUT I didn't purchase them or the 16" Borbet A's however the borbets ... OMG .... Excitment, 17's in them will look amazing! so on the prawl for some now, but for the time being.... Gonna folk out for 4 new tyres and stick them on my AVUS's that will be freshly refurbbed... my cars staying how it came out the factory ;)

x