S3 Engine tempreture not stable. Anyone got a clue? Tried changing the thermostate.

Karliboy

Reaction score
Ok here`s the thing.

For some time ago the waterpump broke and it almost ruined the damn car.
We desembled the register and waterpump and it wasen`t much left of the blades on the waterpump. So we flushed the engine trying to get out as much of the blade peaces we could before we re-esembled the new parts. Filled up cooling fluid and checked for air in the system.
Then we re-esembled the new register/waterpump and the car runs fine and have been for some months, and i guess if there was some air in the system it would have got out by now.:keule:

The problem now is that the tempreture is not stable at 90¤C. When i drive it drops to about 70 - 80¤C and when i drive downhill for awhile it almost sinks to 60¤C. If i stop the car to a running stand still the tempreture climbes to 90¤C and stays there until i start driving again. It never goes over 90¤C

I have changed the thermostate that is located close to the airfilter, if you guys know where that is but that didn`t help. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Sorry for the bad english but hey im from Norway.:whistle2:

I think what you have changed is the Temp sender, the thermostat is more near the alternator. It's your thermostat what needs changing:)