1.8t induction problem

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Hi i fitted a apexi cone induction kit yesterday, i did 50 mile in it last night and all was well but today i did about 10 mile and the car started juddering at low speed with foot slightly on accelerator, it did it a few times. i went home and had a look around and i couldnt see anything a miss. so tonight i went out and after about 25 mile it started it again. the car pulls well accelerates fine. just wondering if it maybe because it has been realy hot today and my new filter is sucking to much hot air.

please let me no you'r thoughts maybe someone has had a simmular problem with these cone filters.

Many thanks

your ignition amp is in your inner wing? mine will only reach to where the bottom of the air box was. i have mine under a heat shield that has its own cold air feed running to it. the hot weather will effect the performance slightly but not major. 1st time its been hot since i fitted my induction kit and was saying only today how good the cars pulling still in hot weather.

my moneys on your ignition amp not working correctly. get it on VAG-COM dude :)

mines just cable tied around the intake pipe on my carbonio. Works fine.

Did u knock it about a bit by any chance whilst fitting your induction? they can be quite sensative.

did you disconnect maf at all? could be a connection on that which is failing. Try cleaning that up, and clamping the plug to the maf with cable ties

Bit more info for you:

The 'Ignition amp' is infact called the Final Power Output Stage Module.

They ONLY come on the AGU engine in A3s. If you have any other engine, you won't have one.

Part number for the AGU is 4D0 905 351 (also available is the 8D0 905 351 - you don't want one of these).

As Alpine said - normally fitted to the air box for cooling, as they do get quite warm.

I would get it on VAG COM before starting swapping bits over, trial and error style. That can get expensive, when VC may just tell you what the problem is.

The odd thing about the fault is that it only starts happening after a substantial period of driving! I hate problems like that as they are so hard to replicate!

The ignition amp is the same for the AGU and the AEB despite the differeing part numbers. FWIW

They do tend to drop cyl 2 first upon faiure

The ignition amp is the same for the AGU and the AEB despite the differeing part numbers. FWIW

They do tend to drop cyl 2 first upon faiure

Mark, why didn't you tell me this before? LOL. I even asked Audi and they said I had to have the 4 not the 8, I spent about 3 months trying to find one for testing because I wasn't sure if that was the problem.

LOL. Oh well. :thumbsup:

ok thanks for all you'r replys i have have since moved the the ignition amp to a cooler place and only just gets a little worm. but after a hours driving it started to do it again. this is very odd. i would much rather it be doing it all the time it would be definitely easier to diagnose. i carn't understand why it only does it after like 20+ miles - its like there is a loose connection or something but ive checked the connections not only that you would think it would do it weather ive done 1 mile or 50 mile. it is only doing it when the car is hot ???

i have just been and pulled my airfilter off and i noticed a bit of oil on the inside of my pipes. when i put my new filter on i put the tiniest bit of baby oil on to slide the pipes on. im just wondering when the engine bay is getting hot its thining the oil off and sucking in to the inlet causing my kangaroo a3. what do you all reckon.