i wish i never looked. stuck now

lol I do that all the time. See something and think how can I get it.

You got a very nice car their. If you spend your money in the right places you could make it a very good car.

The prob is an R reg A3 isn't woth much more than 2k despite the mods etc so you need to find 5 k to go yellow.

You can do your car up in stages as and when you can afford it, or have the time rather than have to dig into savings or redundantcy money and find you need to mod the "new" car without any money behind you

lol cant fit wife and kids into a 944 tho!

Mark i hear ya mate. either way im looking at spending 2-3k on the audi with the redundancy dolla. now seeing i could get a car thats alot newer, higher spec, and faster than the A3s gonna be even after a map, i thinking have a lucky shot at selling the a3 on piston heads and use the 2-3k i was gonna spend on it on getting the better car. After all, ASN said i will get nothing more than £1800 for my modded A4 and i got nearly 3k for it.

i am actually really confussed as to what to do now. All i know is what ever i end up with, i gotta keep it for quite a few years. Remember mark mate, i was lumbered with this a3 as the scooby blew up. i would never of spent money on it as its to scruffy for my liking. just cant decide to carry on making it nice or get somthing faster/better meh i dont like making decisions!!! haha!

Plus. ive sank £8k into a £4.5k porsche, i did it for me. i have £2k to spend on this A3 which cost me £1100, swings and roundabouts!

You have good reason behind your thoughts. Im not to sure what I would do.

You can either take the opportunity to have a newer, faster, different car or use this opportunity to have a unique A3. That money, I think could transform your car but you will prob lose a bit of money on it come sale time.

Actually I would ......... im changing my mind as I write this lol

Nice car you found there, but is it just me or does SEAT interiors look/feel very 'plastiky' to others?

Well, a mate at work has Cupra R, but when I sat inside, it just didn't feel all that special. Maybe it's the leather in the S3 that makes it feel different.

I am guilty of doing the same though - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1650448.htm

hahahaha! the more im reading and the more im looking it seems to make sense! to whats essentually a fwd S3 you deffo get more bang for your buck. and 5 doors (my kids aint gonna stay small for ever) cheaper parts, no drive chain loss the list goes on! and the bonus is the missis likes them!

not going to rush into it tho, It needs to be the right 225 car for me to sell the a3. Mite even brake it yet lol will get more money for it!! ha!

ahhhh ***.... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1673074.htm

Last edited:
Ye the interiors are the same but Audi have used better quality materials I think

she cant drive mate... and it would cost the price of a new car to get her - her licence! lol

I'd go for the Leon every time. Newer, faster and nicer to drive (in my opinion) etc. And thats comparing it to my S3.

faster coz its FWD nicer to drive...its not much difference that i noticed between my s3 and a cupra r.
but yes i would sell or part the A3 and get the leon

They are nice cars to drive. I've just had my dads standard 52 plate leon cupra (180bhp) for a week whilst my car was getting sorted. The car felt very responsive and very tight on the motorway and throughout the streets. Car felt alot more lively and lighter than my s3. To be honest the interior I don't feel s a million miles away from my s3. Was pleasantly suprised by the whole package and even got me thinking along the same lines as you and indiemike. That was all before the waterpump decided to let go in rush hour in London and had to get toed back to Coventry!! But that's another story!!

Leon is a nice car, practical and can be made to go very fast.... again, the K03 hybrid option is very popular with Leon owners... done one a little while back...

Interior wise, it shares components with the A3 but as already mentioned just doesn't have the same air of quality as the A3/S3 for some reason... no bad thing though... they do look very nice on the outside and share the same issues as any other 1.8t sadly but non that you can't get done by the looks..

Seat Cupra net is a great resource and plenty of advice available...

55 plate Leon vs your A3? Leon all day long... ECU is easier to tune, same tuning options available as the A3 platform

<tuffty/>

Ive just realised that the car in that ad is an FR, not the R. Which I'm assuming means its the 180 bhp K03s (as per Tuffty's post above).

I thought it was the Cupra R, which my previous post referred to! Get the Cupra R!

Oh i will be getting a R. that Red one in the link has been modded past the power of a R anyways. cheaper insurance more power. was an example. altho its tempting its a little to old. im wanting at least 2003 and younger, mite not get the opertunity to spend alot on a car again for a good few years.

for the money you have to spend id go for the Leon too....sure the interior is made of a different type of cheaper plastic than your A3 which will add to the charm, basically they were built as cheaper alternative...saying that they arent a million miles away in terms of quality

would i swap my S3 for a Leon? not a chance in hell..... go on about 4wd losses etc etc etc, but for quality, spec, any weather fun (within limits that your likely to do on a public road).....the Leon doesnt even come close IMO

for the money you have to spend id go for the Leon too....sure the interior is made of a different type of cheaper plastic than your A3 which will add to the charm, basically they were built as cheaper alternative...saying that they arent a million miles away in terms of quality

would i swap my S3 for a Leon? not a chance in hell..... go on about 4wd losses etc etc etc, but for quality, spec, any weather fun (within limits that your likely to do on a public road).....the Leon doesnt even come close IMO

fair play mate... see you at santa pod ;)

sure the interior is made of a different type of cheaper plastic than your A3 which will add to the charm

I'm sure Alpine wont mind Tim as he'll have it covered in carbon wrap soon enough:icon_thumright:

I'm sure Alpine wont mind Tim as he'll have it covered in carbon wrap soon enough:icon_thumright:

lol could do.... tho i dont touch my car up, i drive it. reliabilty and performance is all im after. i survived with a scooby interior so im sure ill live with a seat! especially when im flying past lardy S3`s lol :blow:

to be honest Alpine, at that kind of money I'd get an S3, or a facelift A3 like I did....

the 180bhp Leon has no advantage over a 150bhp AUM A3 engine, it's identical aside from the map.

Personally, I think the facelift A3 is the nicer car. I had to choose between my facelift A3 or a leon cupra a few months ago, and the A3 was always the better bet in my opinion....

im not after the 180 bhp leon tho dude. 225 bam lump is what im after. :) im after power and tuneability for the money.

Seat wins every time.

Surely though, if you're looking at that kind of money, and you're looking to tune it as well, you might as well get an S3?

I know I'd have an S3 if I could afford to buy and modify one, the only thing that stopped me was my budget not allowing for mods, and a standard one is not something I'd want.

I know I'd definately want a nice german audi over a spanish seat!

yep i see that one its nice aint it. i want a red one if i can, there are quite a few low milers for about 5-6k

Finesse: i dont want a S3, i would not buy one even if it was 67p. i dont like them, there over rated expensive toys (sorrys s3 bods), and there to old. i want newer, 2003 2004 etc. Parts are cheaper, insurance is cheaper yes the interior is cheaper to but as i have already said, i dont get in my car and feel it up, i want to go to point A to point B quickly, reliably, and as cheap as possable. 2003 S3 is out my price range for starters, and well.... i just think there shat! Can get loads more other newer things for the money.

My pal Dan really wants my A3 as he has a hybrid ko4 sat in his garage with everything to make it a beast. hes comming over with his 51 plate v5 passat, full leather ect we gonna swap so i have more car to sell for more money. Things are looking up, just need this redundency money now and i get a real new toy! :)

But the newer seat is basicly built using "last years" Audi technology so in effect an 03 or so SEAT is the same (in theroy) as a 2000 S3 without the luxury feel or 4wd/independant suspension.

I can't see you lasting long in another Pissrat tbh

Pop over to Seatcupra.net and see what's on offer over there, i am sure they will talk you into the Seat as thats what they favour,(obv) for a subjective view you would need to find an non brand specific car based website maybe....