New here - a few questions..
Hi all i have recent bought a 1997 A3 1.6 SE in white, with 80k on the clock, now for an Ł1100 car i expected it to have a few niggles, if you could lend a hand diagnosing, i would be grateful.
1. i'm loosing coolant, now i can see where it is coming from, i wondered if there was some sort of parts catalogue i could get the tubing from.
2. i think something is worn out in the rear-end, when i have people in the back and when i go over speed bumps the backend makes a crashy noise.
3. my gearbox is whiney, is there a gearbox oil i can use that will quieten it down.
1. You could try GSF or audi for parts.
2. Could be the anti roll bars or suspension bottoming out.
3. Might be low on oil or just needs replacing.
1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow
do you think that the haynes manual for this car is any good? the one i had for my porsche was pants!