EURO S3 PT2

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Following on from pt1 http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?72259-Euro-S3&highlight=euro+s3

After my 1st euro post it became obvious i needed to do more work to the exteriour to get the look i was after so i used inspiration from peoples sugestions. I decided on the look i was after and the work needed to be done on the bodyshop side of things not long after the original thread but it took me much longer to decide on a colour as i was'nt prepared tp spend ££££'s on paint work for it to look the same, i was toying with matte yellow after seeing some lambo's on line so i spoke to the bodyshop who sort of made me a bit put off as i would'nt be able to polish the paint work if it got scratched or bird poo ate into it etc.. so i carried on contemplating what to do, whilst out and about i saw a renault clio in pearl yellow so got thinking again and went to the bodyshop to get a quote on the work and also to book it in with the option of choosing the colour on the day i dropped the car off, matte yellow, imola yellow or pearl yellow.
so i decided on pearl yellow spoke to the bodyshop and got told it would be expensive as pearl is'nt cheap and that the paint code was about 50% pearl, anyway i had decided so asked for the complete price :faint:. even with the pearl at cost price it was'nt cheap.
so the bodyshop to do list was complete respray inc door shuts, loose the rust on the roof rails which had started to form and audi would'nt pay for :no: (the main reason i chose to get a full respray) smoothing of the doors and rear quarters, smoothing the bumper recesses and to smooth the headlight washer caps, de-lock the boot lock.
Along with all that i chose to update the pre-facelift head lights i went for a3 lights as they are plug and play just trim the inner bit of the front wing and your done, only problem is you loose the crap xenons that audi fitted as std and have halogen bulbs which arn't alot worse tbh and i can always go HID in future.
Another thing i had done was to get my front grill surrond and four rings painted black and the intercooler pipes that are on show in the front bumper, this was carried out by my mate so were fitted after the bodyshop visit.

mid way through the respray, i also decided to loose the alloy mirrors and go back to yellow

c5e16c48-2251-4560-828e-fc4378c8c99.jpg

so the car looked like this when i picked it up

843bf6d9-0ec7-409f-97b6-2f7dfe5af41.jpg

7130a7e3-f9ba-4faf-8f62-141bd35e96c.jpg

1st thing i did when i got it back was to fit my rear wiper delete and some stickers to the rear window,

next up was the black intercooler pipes
euro2006.jpg

so after looking at the car loads i decided i wasnt keen on the wheels any longer they looked to small for all the smoothing did'nt fill the arches and would reqiure massive spacers to sit correctly, in the mean of chossing new wheels i went to the spring festival where i saw a few s3's on 19's and loved there stance much what i was after but with more poke. i also fell for the audi bbs speedlines from the newer range of audi, same as sandip,
so i went home and searched the web for some and found some i really like that were perfect for my style,

And so im left with this

finisheds3007.jpg

finisheds3012.jpg

finisheds3015.jpg

finisheds3020.jpg

i also added a few more stickers

finisheds3018.jpg

this pic doesnt really show the look of the poke to well but the rim sits right on the edge of the arch, id like it to poke abit more but i use the car everyday and i dont want clearance issues as a result

hope you all like the new look :jump:

yeah i think you might have seen these wheels before lol wer'nt they silver though :friends:

I like it dude, ive been toying with what colour to re spray my car with, was between white, imola or pearl yellow. Still not 100% lol as I love white but pearl looks just as awesome.

Looking good Kev... I must admit I liked the other wheels on your car... thought it suited the look but these do look the mutts....

<tuffty/>

Your such a euro ho. Personally I think alu mirros would go a treat with that now.

Loosing the side rubbing strips make a huge difference to the look of the car. Very nice, though I'm going to go with the crowd and say I also preferred the wheels you had before.

cheers for the comments guys, i definantly prefer the new wheels i really liked the ronals was'nt easy to replace them but im so glad now as i just could'nt get it right on the ronals, i still have them anyway

I like it dude, ive been toying with what colour to re spray my car with, was between white, imola or pearl yellow. Still not 100% lol as I love white but pearl looks just as awesome.

na i would'nt go pearl mate lol, if you do i hope you have deep deep pokets

Ha ha! Looks nice Kev, the offset is spot on, i think i'll get my centres sprayed now, grey though lol

yeah i would mate the wheels come alive with abit of colour, rims will need polishing too

WOW!!!!

Ummmmmmm, no thats it!

Absolutely love it mate, i want some black intercooler pipes...... are they silicone hoses or sprayed/annodised pipes?

cheers will

Kev. Always liked your style. Euro but non conformist. Loving it. Truely. The colour, wheels really do it for me. Both types though I might add. I loved the R50s.

Just need to keep that lovely paint swirl free and waxed up Kev.

G

Absolutely love it mate, i want some black intercooler pipes...... are they silicone hoses or sprayed/annodised pipes?

cheers will
there alloy bends painted black
Kev. Always liked your style. Euro but non conformist. Loving it. Truely. The colour, wheels really do it for me. Both types though I might add. I loved the R50s.

Just need to keep that lovely paint swirl free and waxed up Kev.

G
yeah i no swirls will look pants on this paint im nervous everytime i clean it
Sorry Kev but I actuall think the Ronals make it look more euro than the BBS wheels. It still looks gorgeous though.
yeah i think the ronals look more euro aswell but overall personally i prefer the look of the oe wheels, tbh im not so sure id even class it as euro but not fussed what scene it fits into as to me it looks the nuts :yes:

HATE EURO!!!

But love this!! God knows why, as the wheels are really not to my taste! Liquid Yellow paint is epic though, well played that man!

s3_kev - Saw you a few weeks back driving through Biggin Hill high street - she looked 'pimping' as my godson would say ! Feeling the look mate.

s3_kev - Saw you a few weeks back driving through Biggin Hill high street - she looked 'pimping' as my godson would say ! Feeling the look mate.
ah saw you to, was about to wave as i went past then as i did saw you wave but didnt react in time to say hi, sorry dude did'nt mean to seem rude :thumbsup:

i no i usually wave as were quite a rare bunch ;)

just a little update of what i have been upto,

i have recently brought and fitted a genuine audi tt 240 alcantara steering wheel, ive had the alloy ring in the air bag sprayed piano black to match the other trims, i also fitted the forge gear knob to match the tt steering, im waiting on a carbon fiber center for the airbag as well, once that arrives and is fitted i will take some better quality pics as these seem to have come out really bad

002.jpg

004-1.jpg

also done a bit of tidying up to the engine bay i have sprayed the rocker cover crackle black then made a cover to cover the ugly fuel rail and again painted the new trim crackle black

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

i have also fitted a lcr front splitter which i will try and get some pics of tommorw car needs washing 1st

ENJOY!!

looks very nice mate mine is currently in bodyshop being painted, love the look of ronals would really suit my silver s3 will they be up for sale?

looks very nice mate mine is currently in bodyshop being painted, love the look of ronals would really suit my silver s3 will they be up for sale?

I DID'NT sell them to spedy steve the other week, his is silver also so you still wont get to see how they will look on a silver s3

Last edited:
Dam you spilled my secret yes i have the Ronals on my silver S3 ill take some photos this weekend at AITP and put them up for anyone who doesnt come along

Dam you spilled my secret I DON'T have the Ronals on my silver S3 ill take some photos this weekend at AITP and put them up for anyone who doesnt come along

ahh sorry dude maybe we can edit it out lol, they will look wicked on a silver s3 though who ever dares to do it

I been looking for the same steering wheel for ages, looks stunning. Im trying to get hold of a company that will cover it in alcantara, engine bay looks mint to

LMAO nice editing Kev! have to say i love the rail cover! Are you not a bit worried about what would happen to the carbon plate in the event of the airbag going off? I wouldnt fancy a carbon disc implanted in my face although it might look cool haha

I been looking for the same steering wheel for ages, looks stunning. Im trying to get hold of a company that will cover it in alcantara, engine bay looks mint to
i had a quote from carisma auto for doing my original wheel at £160
LMAO nice editing Kev! have to say i love the rail cover! Are you not a bit worried about what would happen to the carbon plate in the event of the airbag going off? I wouldnt fancy a carbon disc implanted in my face although it might look cool haha
its not a massive disc lol just a little trim cover that goes between the black bit i had painted and the four rings in the centre

£160 is rather a lot ini.

Bit off subject but your friend with the BMW, could you tell me the name off the wheels he was running please.

Nathan