Disconnecting automatic xenon head light adjusters....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
How do you do this? i know one or teo people have done it but i cant find out what exactly needs to be disconnected.
Im wanting to fit my new 6k bulbs thats ive had for 2 months lol, i dont want to fit them though and they still be pointing to the ground like they are now, its doing my tits in.

Dan

I just aligned mine to where i wanted them.. Zero'd with vagcom. then pulled off the connectors on the back of the headlights.
Its been fine for 3 months-ish. And i havent had a wndering headlight lol.

There is a plugy thing that just clips into the back of the lights, i think its the only plug has a wrinkled tube going from it (holding the wires) not very well explained but... Basically its the only plug that goes into the back of the headlight, just unclips.

When I did mine i jacked the front of the car up turned the lights on they adjusted themselves up then I unplugged them, and adjusted them up a little bit more using the white screws just do it against a wall so you can see, was pretty easy.

Yes pretty much what everyone else says, did mine 6months ago after only being able to see 5foot in front of me and still perfect. :)

Havent got vag-com so will have to be with the white screws on the lights.

so the automatic adjuster connects on the back of the lights? Had a look cant see it lol, is it more on the under side?

Well you have to remove the battery cover and the one on the other side. It goes into a small sort of box thing, look quite hard it would be easy to think it was all one part but it just unclips. Its directly below the white screw (the one nearer the middle of the car)

The adjusters arm is on the back left suspension arm and mine has snapped that's worked for me.

All my covers are gone anyway mate lol, cool, ill have a look in a bit, i know what you mean now.

Ok, tried to do this at dinner and could i do it, could i f***, the wire i thought it was doesnt budge, its well and truely connected so thats the wrong one.
Has anyone got a link to a drawing or a picture of what it is i need to dsconnect, its driving me up the wall now :(