Audi S3 2000

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
hey all am looking at buying a v reg on a 2000 plate audi s3 and was just wondering as it is an amk does it still have esp if not does it make it fwd as no the s3 runs as fwd car untill it needs it any info between the amk pre facelift spec and facelift please

AMK and BAM engine codes came with facelift models. ESP standard on facelift models

The 4WD system is an "on demand" system in which, the cars runs are FWD, when traction is lost at the front, power is sent to the back.

AMK facelift earliest are X reg, not V reg. Check

so will it have esp then on a v reg or not? and if not does it make a difference? as had a 2003 s3 about 2 years ago and that had esp

so am i right in thinking prefacelift s3 are all amk and facelift s3 after 2001 are bam??

Last edited:
Audi S3 APY - 11/98 - 09/00 Pre Facelift 210bhp | AMK - 09/00 - 04/02 - Facelift 210bhp | BAM - 08/01 - 05/02 - 225bhp

v reg will more then likely not have esp and id imagen the engine code is APY, all s3's are quattro im lead to belive however early models also at times only have 5 speed boxes

v reg will more then likely not have esp and id imagen the engine code is APY, all s3's are quattro im lead to belive however early models also at times only have 5 speed boxes

5 speed box? Pretty sure it was 6

Same i got a V 99 with no ESP and its 6 speed. Dont think they did a 5 speed :/

I'm surprised by quite a lot of people who didn't know the S3 is quattro/4WD, and they all come with 6 speed gearboxes, on the 1.8T quattro Sport in earlier models came with 5 speed boxes with the quattro drivechain.

oh i thought there was a 5speed s3 on the early models, now i no :beerchug: