Fault code. Please help!

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
I have recently noticed chatter from my standard DV, was told to Vag com it. I have, and it has sprung up the following fault code:

1 Fault Found:
16795 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
P0411 – 35- 10 - - - Intermittent
Can anyone clarify what this identifys?

Cheers Andrew.

Has anyone completely removed this pump? And is it the best way to go?

I have noticed a small puddle of clean water under the front bumper right below the secondary air pump, and the missus just told me it's like that every morning, so looks like the secondary air pump has had it.

What is the best thing to do? Repair it? Replace it? Or remove it?

If i removed it, it would not be plugged in, so would it not keep throwing up faults?

I had this fault when I broke my N112 valve. This is the valve which controls the SAI system. It lives underneath the metal plate which supports the dipstick shroud on the front. Two pipes go to it, one from the N249 which is a vac feed, and the other one goes to the combi valve on the right hand side of the engine. The combi valve is silver, and part of it is what bolts to the head of the engine.

The actual SAI pump is a massive beast that lives bolted via a bracket to the front of the engine.

To be fair, either way is is fine, removal or replacement.

Things to bear in mind.

1) You will need a blanking plate to blank off the hole in the side of the head. Available from Forge - not cheap for what it is though.

2) It is an absolute pain in the **** to remove. The pump, and the bracket which hold it on are a night mare to get off. You will also need to remove the N112 valve, and block off the vac feed from the N249.

Depending on what you decide, I believe I still have my SAI pump and combi valve somewhere floating about in GWO if you need it.

I'm going to purchase a forge blanking plate and remove the pump, seems the best way to go.

Anyone recommend best place to purchase this part?

Anyone know of any links or pictures explaining the procedure to remove the N112 valve, and block off the vac feed from the N249?
I'm mechanicley minded, but i''m still trying to get to know all the names of all the parts on the S3.

After a had a really good look at the secondary Air Pump today i noticed that a couple of pipes have perished, so i have tempoarily replaced them.

It was throwing up a fault code before, and i want to wipe it and see if the fault is still there. HOW do you reset/wipe the faults? The vag com cable and software i have will not allow me to reset/wipe.

I will be doing mine at the weekend so thanks Welly..
Anyone know why you should'nt remove this??

Thanks but your still running the SAI and wanted to know what people were doing with the N112 valve when removed?

I just repluged mine back up with no pipes on it

I'm not running SAI at all, Just didn't mention that in the guide due to having done afterwards. There is also an SAI removal guide in the same section of the forum......

Mine is removed, and in the bin. I replaced the valve with an Intake Air Temp sensor, personally, just so that there is a current there. However most people use solenoids to replace the valve.

You may get fault codes from the N112 valve if it is still plugged in and not actually doing anything.

Well i will be doing mine at the weekend as i have already ordered the parts.

I was told you can buy a resister to solder in place and this will stop the fault codes.

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Well i will be doing mine at the weekend as i have already ordered the parts.

I was told you can buy a resister to solder in place and this will stop the fault codes.

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes you can, but I wouldn't. I always leave the valve there, just disconnected from the pipework personally.

Resistors can get VERY hot.