Start button - Key position 3 wire colour and where is it?

YTL2000

Reaction score
Ive look around at various threads about start buttons and a lot seem to over complicate the matter. In my old car, I simply put a stainless steel push button which essentially took over need for the key to be turned to the final position to actually start the engine. I just need all the positions to work as normal with the key but the final position is reached by pressing the button and engine starts. Yes I know I still needed to put the key in and turn the thing, but it was just a nice little highlight to the car itself :)

Anyway, where can I find the ignition barrel wiring and does any one know which wire/colour is needed to tap into to fit what should be a simple switch as I am loving the Audi A4 (?) starter button that I saw in a thread archived on here.

Also, Im fully aware that relays etc may be needed but unless a warning light will come up on the dash. I am not too bothered.

Many thanks!
Tom

Anyone happen to have an ignition barrel wiring diagram so I can try to work it out tonight as I have no plans :)