will these rims fit?

gareth_oau

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18x9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e1665b2e
10117.jpg

they are 18x9.5 ET30

according to http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

there is 20mm less clearance on the inside and 30mm extra width on the outside

(i'm also running Koni lowered coilovers, and not permitted to use spacers of any kind)

should just about clear the front suspension, i have et27 9j on front of my s3 and clearance is about 3mm on the front suspension im using ap coilovers so may give more clearance then std dampers but id say these should just about clear but will be tight up front, the rears will clear easily as im using et12 rears with 9j so you may want a little spacer in there aswell. my wheels are inline or just past the arches though

I think ET30 on a 9.5" rim isn't possible on an S3, especially at the front, ET35 with 8" is VERY close to the strut, and 8.5" rims need ET30, so 9.5" rim is hitting it I'm afraid!

just heard back from the seller that they also carry an 8.5" in ET35, so that might be a safer option.

only 13mm wider than original, so not quite as wide as I was hoping.

hmmm, now where's my piggy bank?

anyone know where these can be bought in the UK? (privat legende made by konig)

just heard back from the seller that they also carry an 8.5" in ET35, so that might be a safer option.

only 13mm wider than original, so not quite as wide as I was hoping.

hmmm, now where's my piggy bank?

anyone know where these can be bought in the UK? (privat legende made by konig)

I still think you need ET30 to clear the strut with 8.5" wide, my 19" rims are ET35 and 8" wide, very close to the strut, so close I put 5mm spacers on just in case!, even though it never touched.

thanks jojo. sounds like an online purchase is too risky. might have to see if I can find a local supplier (tough chance!!)

i had 8.5j with et35 then used 10mm spacers up front no clarence issues then so its still possible, if i were you id have 8.5j front and 9.5j rear would look nice

i had 8.5j with et35 then used 10mm spacers up front no clarence issues then so its still possible, if i were you id have 8.5j front and 9.5j rear would look nice

Could you put the fronts on without the spacers Kev? Gareth can't use spacers on his car in Australia.