Question for anyone with an FMIC and a Remap??

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm getting a FMIC fitted very some and i've got a remap aswel, i was just wondering if i needed to get it remapped again or not?
Thanks for your time
Johnny:kissmyrings:

As far as I know, you don't need a remap after fitting a FMIC, as it'll just allow your engine to make the remap power for longer, whereas before you would lose power when things heated up. However, you will need a remap to release the full potential of the engine now it has a better cooling arrangement, i.e you'll be able to dial in more ignition advance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure someone said that you have to get your map tweeked after you get a FMIC to make it run right

Always worth getting the map tweaked as you will get much better power higher revs with Fmic...

What other mods have u got...

Always worth getting the map tweaked as you will get much better power higher revs with Fmic...

What other mods have u got...

Just the DV and Panel Filter at the mo, do you know how much it should cost for a tweak mate?

You don't need to change anything, fitting a FMIC will make your current power output available more of the time.... the SMICs heatsoak very quickly and a couple of spirited acceleration runs will cause them to heat up and this in turn highers the air intake temps casing the ECU to pull timing and enrichen fuel mixture to keep things cool inthe engine... this of course kills performance... FMIC will keep the AIT's lower, recover much more quickly from heating up from the hot intake air and means the ECU will not be pulling timing anywhere near as much and you will sustain power...

After fitting a FMIC and a few other bits you could go stage 2 which just means that you should be able to run a bit more timing advance and boost as the FMIC/DP etc help keep the combustion process running cooler thus producing more power...

<tuffty/>

What else is need for a stage 2 tuffty? and how much do they set you back?
Thanks mate

What else is need for a stage 2 tuffty? and how much do they set you back?
Thanks mate

Stage 2 prerequisites are typically FMIC, 3" DP with a sports CAT, air filter of some description (which you have)... optional are things such as Forge DV (which you have), silicon hoses (mainly a TIP) and an aftermarket exhaust but most important things are the bits that aid air flow and help keep AIT's and EGT's low so that you can run a bit more boost and timing which is pretty much what a stage 2 is...

Cost wise as you already have a Revo map I think its £50 to go stage 2 but obviously the other bits add to the overall cost... the thing to remember though is that a stage 2 doesn't give you much more power over a stage 1 but in conjunction with the upgrades you will have fitted you will have most of the power most of the time rather than all of the power once then some of it for the rest... heat is an engines nemesis and anything that keeps AIT's and EGT's low will give you more sustained power..

<tuffty/>

Stage 2 prerequisites are typically FMIC, 3" DP with a sports CAT, air filter of some description (which you have)... optional are things such as Forge DV (which you have), silicon hoses (mainly a TIP) and an aftermarket exhaust but most important things are the bits that aid air flow and help keep AIT's and EGT's low so that you can run a bit more boost and timing which is pretty much what a stage 2 is...

Cost wise as you already have a Revo map I think its £50 to go stage 2 but obviously the other bits add to the overall cost... the thing to remember though is that a stage 2 doesn't give you much more power over a stage 1 but in conjunction with the upgrades you will have fitted you will have most of the power most of the time rather than all of the power once then some of it for the rest... heat is an engines nemesis and anything that keeps AIT's and EGT's low will give you more sustained power..

<tuffty/>

:applaus::applaus:

Hi mate just wondering which fmic your going for as im planning too get one soon?

im going to get one of the AH fabrications FMICs and then get it mapped again so i can run higher boost...all i have is a silicone TIP and Forge DV......