Brake upgrade options

funnyclub

Reaction score
Hey guys I see the norm on this site for brake upgrades are the brembo junior gt kit.
But for around the same money I can get a set of 6-pot xyz brakes with 330mm 2-piece discs.

Heres a pic of the brakes what you think?

mabey1.jpg

Or the other option is Comp brakes and they also do a 6 pot kit with 330mm discs as well.

Look here: http://compbrake.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3632

I personally think 6 pots is overkill on a road car, Brembo junior GT kit is tried and tested, but has become an expensive option of late due to poor exchange rates, I paid £750 for mine fitted back in the day, now it's £1k+vat!

If you do go for one of the other options you suggested, pics and reviews please. :)

I think you are tied into their pads with those 6 pots..... tbh you would be better off with something that you can get decent pads for as this will make more difference to your braking than those calipers tbh..

<tuffty/>

I think you are tied into their pads with those 6 pots..... tbh you would be better off with something that you can get decent pads for as this will make more difference to your braking than those calipers tbh..

<tuffty/>

The following pads are available for the xyz calipers:

AP ZC
Ferodo 3432F
Ferodo 4003F
Ferodo DS2500
Ferodo DS3000
Ferodo DS3000+03
Ferodo DS3000E
Pagid RS14B
Pagid RS42
Pagid RS421
Pagid RS44
Mintex F1R
Mintex F4R

And this is the pad diagram:

brakekit_6_clip_image003.jpg

Im running Ap Racing upgrade on mine awesome brakes.... Very Expensive though..!!!