Has anyone here had there headlight washers removed and the bumper flushed?

funnyclub

Reaction score
Hey guys I have the dreaded loose headlight washer caps and it really annoys me I was thinking of having the units removed and the bumper flushed has anyone done this or what do you guys think?
Heres the front of my car and it just really bugs me :crying:

100_1217.jpg

yeah ive done it looks much smarter but as said above you need washer jets for the xenons i got aroung this by ditching my xenons.

yeah ive done it looks much smarter but as said above you need washer jets for the xenons i got aroung this by ditching my xenons.

Why would ya need washer jets for xenons?
Also any links to pics of your car?

i think its something to do with the dirt distorting the light and not pointing them in the right place.

here you go buddy looks really good i think freshens up the dated front end
euro2009.jpg

Kev, yours is pre-facelift isn't it? I'm assuming you ditched the Xenons for facelift standard headlights?

Your motor looks fantastic by the way.

here you go buddy looks really good i think freshens up the dated front end
euro2009.jpg

That looks savage. Were the caps plastic welded in and then a light skim over them? By the way would I have to change my lights if I did the same? Surely they are fine with out the washers?

Kev, yours is pre-facelift isn't it? I'm assuming you ditched the Xenons for facelift standard headlights?

Your motor looks fantastic by the way.
yeah mines pre-facelift and ditched the poor quality xenons in favour of facelift halogens which imo arnt any worse for light.

cheers for the comment aswell, been waiting for sunny weather for ages really want to do my write up so need some good pics
That looks savage. Were the caps plastic welded in and then a light skim over them? By the way would I have to change my lights if I did the same? Surely they are fine with out the washers?
yep was plastic welded and bonded in through the back then skimmed over, you could chance it with xenons and no headlight washers but just be prepared if its found on MOT, im a tester and tbh would'nt give a poo nor would i notice really notice so your probablt be ok as most tester dont even no there part of the test

yep was plastic welded and bonded in through the back then skimmed over, you could chance it with xenons and no headlight washers but just be prepared if its found on MOT, im a tester and tbh would'nt give a poo nor would i notice really notice so your probablt be ok as most tester dont even no there part of the test

I am in Ireland so our tests aren't as strict as your Mot. Also I dont really see the advantage of the washer as I dont think it would have enough power to remove bugs for example. Plus alot of people fit after market xenons to their cars and they have no washers.