s3 lowering

brys3

Reaction score
i appreciate this has probably been covered plenty of times but i am just after a quick answer. i cant quite afford coilovers at the mo and a spring has snapped on the rear of my s3, im looking at some eiback "pro kit" springs, will i need to replace the drop links?
any help will be appreciated, also any other ideas as to how to improve handling on a budget
cheers

go for the eibach pros pal they are brill for the money, not much stiffer at all taking it steady but dual compound and stiffen when under pressure you want to be paying 160 to 180 fitted all in, unless you can fit them your self.

I fitted mine last week had the same as you a snapped back spring I went for the Eibach pro kit it give's it a nice ride not 2 hard not 2 soft iv not done the drop links but I will as I have new one's got them from here www.vwspares.co.uk all 4 for just less than £50.

thanks guys, would like a slightly stiffer ride so hopefully these will help until i get coilovers, might poly bush the anti roll bars. would you recommend this?

Upgrade your shocks, springs and ARB's for best results. Why coilovers? Asthetics? Why not a separate shock/spring combination to make the best out of the car.

Common upgrade is R32 ARB's front and rear. If you can afford to go for something like eibach/H&R/Neuspeed etc then better still.

G

not sure on coilovers you just hear alot about them, if i had deep pockets id go for billy shocks and eibach springs with the uprated arbs' and bushes. but im in the process of changing jobs so would preferably like some basic pocket friendly upgrades

Am I correct in my understanding that fitting these springs with standard shocks is OK? I have OEM springs on my 2003 S3, but would like to drop it a bit for a better stance without spending ££££ or creating a crashy ride.

hope so, im literally half way through fitting these, would almost be done now if it never started raining.

there only a 20-25mm drop so standard shocks should handle that.

Also must add to say that the quality of service from damian at DPM is outstanding. Ordered a few things on the monday and everything showed up the follwing day, which was a nice surprise. Good work.

Yeah I've got mine and fitted, excellent service from damian.

Also must add to say that the quality of service from damian at DPM is outstanding. Ordered a few things on the monday and everything showed up the follwing day, which was a nice surprise. Good work.

Always good to see another happy customer, thanks again for the order and kind words.

Damian @ DPM Performance

could someone post some pics of their lowered S3 please? I'd like to see the effect of a 20/25mm drop.

The rain held off this evening, so just finished.

lowered003.jpg

lowered001.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, is that a 20/25 drop? Doesn't look much different to standard. Do you have a "before" pic for comparison?

"the doctor" I'll try and get some pics up this weekend. It's not a major drop but enough. I've got standard 17 inch wheels and I think it looks good. Although I'd like some s4/s6 18" 6 spokes. Jojo your wheels look perfect for the s

Thanks chaps. Looking good there Jojo, what drop did you get from your Eibach springs?

Looking forward to seeing the effect with standard 17" rims brys3.

Still wonder if I will regret just going with the B6's Damian (thanks for the quote). Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and do it properly!!

Thanks for the pictures, is that a 20/25 drop? Doesn't look much different to standard. Do you have a "before" pic for comparison?

must say the picture doesnt do it justice, but ment to be a 20/25 but it has been dropped a bit from standard, but it has dropped a good 15mm. And is noticable looking at the car. They might settle a bit more when i take it for a drive