Help needed with S3

jeffreyyeung

Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Why did they go from 993 to 996 then? They could have got a lot more life from the name if the current car was a 994 rather than a 996! Also, what was the name of the model before the 993? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

964 - 1989 - 1993/4

993 (hence, 1993 release) - 1993 - 1996

996 (hence 1996 release) - 1996 to present

Hope that helps clear things up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon, Doesnt really explain why the 964 was not called a 989?? If thats the only reasoning for the 993 and 996 then they have big problems with what to call the next one!!!

Guys,
Ive had my S3 for about 5 months now great car love it to bits, over the last 2 mths the esp light has been come on and staying on, some times it goes out after the ignition is turned of, ive tried cleaning and checking all the wheel sensors but that did not help. Just trying find out if there is any fault codes you can read on my old scooby you could plug two conetors under the dash and that would flash fault codes on the engine check light. Or if any one in the hertfordshire area has vag.com could plug it in.

Also have you guys any info on the rear parking system as this has stoped working today.

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hi

I had a problem on my S3 with the ESP light coming on, but it also made the ESP system come on at very slow speeds!

It was a faulty ESP sensor which monitors the longitudinal and lateral movement of the car costing £500+ also a speed sensor on one of my front wheels had bust but that was only £50

Best thing to do is get it plugged in to a VAGcom and see what it throws up!

Hope this helps

I had exactly the same problem, sometimes it would come on near as damn it straight away, othertime it wouldn't come on at all. I had to replace the longitudinal sensor. Audi quoted me around £1k to start with but as the car was just out of warranty Audi UK agreed to pay about half.