EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Definitive Brake Thread for 8L A3/S3 Owners(and other Golf4 Platform cars).

6th Gear

Status
    Does anyone know what make the oem s3 discs are?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Live in Ipswich Suffolk (orig from W London)
    ATE mate
    2004 Audi A4 (B6) 1.9Tdi 130 Sport (6) Avant in Dolphin Grey.
    18" RS4's, RS4 Rear Roll Bar, Leather Alacantra Sport Seats, Shark Performance 170 Remap,
    Full DIS, Autolocks & Alarm Chirp.
    Avant Sport 1.8T Valance with twin exit.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks cobra
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

6th Gear

Status
    Does anyone know where would be the best place to purchase them? I've had a look on europarts but can't seem to find them.

Neutral

Status
    is it possible to use standard s3 discs with r32 callipers and what lines are best to use and do they just bolt on

Down under

Status
    Nope not even close. You need R32 discs with R32 calipers. The diameter and offset of the disc are way different.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Neutral

Status
    Shat about the hoses have they got to be r32 and do the calipers just bolt on

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Nope not even close. You need R32 discs with R32 calipers. The diameter and offset of the disc are way different.

Neutral

Status
    do r32 callipers bolt on and the hoses connect up with no modifications

Down under

Status
    They bolt on but I can't confirm about the hoses. Probably worth getting some braided R32 hoses anyway. You'll be fine then.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Neutral

Status
    anyone know if these will fit mk4 r32 callipers Golf Mk5 & Plus R32 3.2 05- Grooved Front Brake Discs | eBay

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by everard90 View Post
    anyone know if these will fit mk4 r32 callipers Golf Mk5 & Plus R32 3.2 05- Grooved Front Brake Discs | eBay
    Think these will be different pcd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

Neutral

Status
    Hi guys
    ive been offered a set of Mintex rear discs and pads that have come off a leon cupra r for peanuts. Are these a direct replacement for the rears on my s3 8l as the ones on at the minute are shot to bits. Thanks in advance

Neutral

Status
    I have just fitted 996 fronts to my S3 and have a few questions.
    The mc has been changed and the system bled numerous times,primed abs etc but still the pedal feels a little spongy.
    Is there something that I still need to do? Might it be something to do with the new mc?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Just got back from the garage with a quote for 1085 euros for new rear calipers and pads plus hoses. The calipers where 251 each.

I have the chance to buy some 996 rear with discs pads and hose for 300 euros.

Will these fit on my 2002 S3?

New to this forum and my audi so need some advice!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

I have an Audi S3 8L (225) with 256mm rear brakes and I'm looking for a new bigger brake disc than can be fitted on my car but it's impossible to find it...

To begin I would like a disc between 280mm and 310mm and keep my caliper with track pads, just with custom carriers.

And probably after I will change my calipers too.

Can you help me ?

Thanks and sorry for my english (I'm french).

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio94 View Post
    Hi,

I have an Audi S3 8L (225) with 256mm rear brakes and I'm looking for a new bigger brake disc than can be fitted on my car but it's impossible to find it...

To begin I would like a disc between 280mm and 310mm and keep my caliper with track pads, just with custom carriers.

And probably after I will change my calipers too.

Can you help me ?

Thanks and sorry for my english (I'm french).
    ECS stage1 308mm rears. Tarox do a similar kit based in the UK I think? And there's a member doing a 300mm rear conversion using S4 discs, forgot his username.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for your answer. In the ECS tuning website, there are no more parts for Audi 8L

And on Tarox website it's always written "all 8L except S3" But the brake discs are too small.

Definitely it's not easy to find. I could buy brake discs from last Audi S3 or TT-RS and drill holes to fit on my car, but I don't know if it's viable in the time, especially in a track configuration.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456