diagnostic port on agu engine

mlcadman

Reaction score
basically i was wonderin where the port is as a mechanic my dad knows aint done one before and is basically offerin me the chance to diagnose my abs light and airbag light problems for free, only problem is we aint sure where the port is, the only place we can see is a black wire tube thing thats wrapped up and doesnt seem to ahve a port end on however and may have been cut off for some reason, any help appreciated my cars a 1.8 t late 98 model if that helps

if you look below the ashtray at the back there is a rectangular blanking plate, put a screw driver in a lever it out, then plug and interrogate fault memory.

nothing behind the blacking plug on the left pic and there isnt a port like on the right pic on either side of the car

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
nothing behind the blacking plug on the left pic and there isnt a port like on the right pic on either side of the car

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell is it then? Was your car a writeoff or something?

Rich

nope haha kinda worryin tho, still think its been cut off

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
nope haha kinda worryin tho, still think its been cut off

[/ QUOTE ]

Can only be cut off if the dash has been removed...and why would you need to remove the dash? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

well think the dash has been out tho before but to be honest cant think at all why it'd have been cut off, then again if the dash has been out it may still be behind the dash and not be put back

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
well think the dash has been out tho before but to be honest cant think at all why it'd have been cut off, then again if the dash has been out it may still be behind the dash and not be put back

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the dash be out tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just sounds a bit odd to me

dunno really but would of had to have had a good reason i guess

nah it wasnt there it was behind the other place basically had fallen out, i'm takin it its the right socket, its pink if anyone elses is pink? but it fits in the hole and is the only one behind the place where it should be