More boost wanted

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a turbo newbie and only gave basic knowledge of engines lol I've heard the best way of geetin more boost is to shim the wastegate to the turbo? Has anyone done this and how much would I shim it? And is it a good idea? My 1.8t AGU is standard other than induction kit I do have bigger plans but this was spose to be cheap lol any info would be helpfull cheers

I'm a bit of a turbo newbie and only gave basic knowledge of engines lol I've heard the best way of geetin more boost is to shim the wastegate to the turbo?

You have heard wrong I am afraid....

Has anyone done this and how much would I shim it?

I very much doubt anyone has, you can adjust the preload of the actuator but this will probably lead to over boosting and destruction of the engine....

And is it a good idea?

No! :)

My 1.8t AGU is standard other than induction kit I do have bigger plans but this was spose to be cheap lol any info would be helpfull cheers

Always the way... modding bug is a ****** to get rid of lol... anyhoo... best thing you can do is get a remap, that will increase your boost SAFELY and take it from there... :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>