JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    speed thrills

Status

More boost wanted

I'm a bit of a turbo newbie and only gave basic knowledge of engines lol I've heard the best way of geetin more boost is to shim the wastegate to the turbo? Has anyone done this and how much would I shim it? And is it a good idea? My 1.8t AGU is standard other than induction kit I do have bigger plans but this was spose to be cheap lol any info would be helpfull cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboman-a3 View Post
    I'm a bit of a turbo newbie and only gave basic knowledge of engines lol I've heard the best way of geetin more boost is to shim the wastegate to the turbo?
    You have heard wrong I am afraid....

Has anyone done this and how much would I shim it?
    I very much doubt anyone has, you can adjust the preload of the actuator but this will probably lead to over boosting and destruction of the engine....

And is it a good idea?
    No!

My 1.8t AGU is standard other than induction kit I do have bigger plans but this was spose to be cheap lol any info would be helpfull cheers
    Always the way... modding bug is a bugger to get rid of lol... anyhoo... best thing you can do is get a remap, that will increase your boost SAFELY and take it from there...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...