un modded a3 1.8T r reg any ideas to improve MPG

Boggle

Reaction score
any ideas on how to improve mpg i have just had a full service is there anything else

rest your foot on the noise pedal :D:D . always helps lol .

Never ever use your brakes either.:no:

Start freewheeling downhill.:racer:

Seriously speaking though, driving technique (staying 'off-boost' etc) and a healthy well looked after engine may well get you better returns, the majority of people on this forum would make MPG their last priority.

service it. i found my car a little more economical since i fitted an Induction kit too. i also changed the maf which helped.

clean maf
clean & reset throttle body
change fuel/air filter
change spark plugs
drive like a granny

keep below 2800 rpm

or enjoy it after all you will probally only save a couple of hundred quid in fuel a year and be bored ridgid driving like miss daisy.

Tyre pressures and drive it off boost. Try and plan your driving...look early on islands etc, if you can go without stopping then do it...look for gaps and try not to come to a stop as that kills MPG.

cheers peeps just guess its me being cheap lol but i do like the boost so guess i will just have to start saving the pennys else were like food shoping and toilet roll lol

My remapped A3 does about 30mpg on average so whilst its not that great...its not that bad considering.

That makes two of us. Remember a mate talking about his Megane 225 when he first got it. Every facebook update was "on boost".

Now I know why.

Driving like a granny it is then, especially around London where you stop at every traffic light every 100meters

look for boost and vac leaks

gearbox oil

dragging brakes

save weight. throw out any seats you dont use. Spare wheel. Empty ur boot etc that can help

Possibly cut some holes in the bottom and use your feet to move it

Reactions: sakib
Possibly cut some holes in the bottom and use your feet to move it

Willlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllmmmaaaaaaaaaa!

fred_flintstone.jpg