On Wednesday, I made the lengthy trip to R-tech...after battling through rush hour traffic and 3 hours later I arrived and was greeted by Nick at R-tech.
Nick didnt mess about and got my car straight on the rollers for a session of logging...after about 10-15 mins of various checks on the rollers and a lengthy physical check of all the cars components she was good to go and Nick started writing a map.
My car is an AGU A3 with a KO3s turbo with all the extras needed for stage 2 mapping (FMIC, exhaust, etc..)
It took a couple of hours for Nick to write the map but the car was soon back together and back on the rollers for some power runs...and before i knew it the car was ready for a test run. Nick took the car up the road a few times to make sure everything was running ok, however, the only thing he noticed was the boost was surging every now and again thus slightly over-boosting.
The ecu was whipped out again and Nick tryed to over come the problem through the mapping. He then went out and tested it again, but the problem was still there, but slightly better due to the new map. He suggested I ran a manual boost controller inline with the n75 to flatten out the top end in the boost and stop the surges. aparently this can be quite common in the KO3s turbos.
All i can say now is WOW! what a difference! The power comes in a lot earlier now and stays there all the way through the revs. Its awesome! :D
I cant recommend R-Tech enough! Quality service and an extra quality product! If anyone is planning on getting their car mapped in the near future these guys are for you!
Heres a copy of the dyno printout:
As you can see the first reading is of the k03s on the agu but with my existing custom code stage 1 remap and the 2nd being the new custom map from R-Tech... you can see clearly the difference and how the power stays all the way through the revs. The wavey parts are the boost surges i was getting, so hopefully the MBC will sort this and make it a little smoother.
All in all...I'm a very happy chappy :D