spraying bumper and boost controller

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
1st thing, MBC. i think my N75 is faulty as it spikes at 15psi sometimes. the car is not mapped so thats not good.
Could i run a MBC at say a max of 12-13 psi without the turbo going bang? (as i have 1 on my shelf) what would the car be like would it jib out or go into safe mode? whats the max safe boost i could run without damage? Could i just run the car back at 7-8 psi using the MBC??

2nd going to be getting my new front bumper shortly. do you lot think i should spray the bottom part of the bumper and LCR splitter as well? anyone done it and you think it would look stupid?

Comment away fellas!

I sprayed the plastic bit and the LCR splitter i fitted on my Ibiza. I think it looked really good. Only problem was it was prone to chipping so I had to keep touching it up

Did you say the motor wasn't mapped? What was the airflow you were running when you logged it dude?

I may have will see if I can dig some out when I'm home from work. Got the paint from SEAT so the colour matched nicely.

airflow was 135gs fella. its deffo not mapped mate. its AGU with powerflowed bits and custom induction.

Ok sweet... You can run the MBC to limit the boost spike. I'd set it to about 11 PSI or so and see how you go.

The AGU is forgiving with regard to MBCs as there is no MAP sensor, so it doesn't know what's going on unless you wind the boost right out.

You should find that an MBC will hold the boost better than the N75.

Easy to fit, but leave the N75 plugged in and just cable tie it somewhere out of the way. Otherwise the ECU will cry about it.

cool welly, thought it would be ok as long as i dont go all RS turbo with it!! nice one dude :)

ponies lol

cartooncarrot.gif