JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Subwoofer no power?

right well basically i have an audi concert headunit and an aftermarket sub which i have put in and for some reason the sub is on but there is no bass coming out of it the remote and all the wires are plugged in fine with this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8543.html

any ideas why its not working?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Because that's an audio input adapter, used for iPOD hook up into the HU, it plugs into the CD changer port, you need an audio out to feed the sub amp. Completely different adapter on a completely different connector on the HU.
    You don't actually need to touch the HU, all the feeds are already on the sub connector in the boot, you just need to run power from the battery. Then strip off the ends of an RCA lead and solder mini blade terminals to the left & right signal wires and the screens and a separate wire for the remote. Insulate them and plug them into the corresponding connections on the sub connector to pick up the rear pre-outs and remote on. Let me know whether you have Bose or not and I'll post the pin outs. If you really do want to run RCA's from the HU then you need the BLAU adapter:
    http://www.ktduk.com/product/blaupun..._adapter_lead/

If you have Bose then using this adapter you will lose all the feeds to the amp for the cabin speakers, if you have non Bose then you will lose the rears. Picking it up in the boot is far better.
    Last edited by AndyMac; 13th May 2010 at 22:41.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status
    i have non bose
    and cheers man just hope i can send the adapter back :P

Status
    This is the pinout for non Bose, as said by disconnecting the tupperware sub you will lose the rears aswell, so installing a 4ch amp behind the rear speaker panel is the best solution. Failing that you need to extract the tiny rear amp from the tupperware enclosure and keep it wired up along with your new sub amp.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner