remaps

nicko86

nicko86
Reaction score
hey guys/gals,

wondering if anyone could advise me on remapping. ive received a couple of quotes one by users of revo who quoted me 399 for stage 1, then 50 quid for stage 2 and 3 if i get 1. or an independent company who make thier own cd's which is 299 for stage 1. just wondered if i was a fool to go for the indepwndently made cd over revo. is there much difference? audi s3 2000 (210) by the way

Dont bother with the cd mate. Celtictuning only charge £300 for a stage 1 n there's probably a dealer near you or they will come to you, give them a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have heard revo is the best option. I have no experience of it but apparently it has a really harsh power surge, type that pushes you into your seat! If I was going to get one I'd probably go to them. Though things like custom code remaps are a bit cheaper from what I can see, but I think its a smoother power delievery, so I guess its up to what you prefer. I'm sure there is someone on here that can give you a more detailed overview, but that's my effort! Again I haven't had experience of any s3 remaps insurance won't let me just yet so I'm going on what I have heard on here.

Yer i have been in two with really smooth curves , Yes there nice but i do want something a bit more in your face even if it does tail off a bit at the end. Is Revo best for this then ?

In my opinion revo is not the best as it all comes in really early then has nothing near the end and its over priced for what it is.

Yer i have called celtic, I really want to get it rolling roaded as its done , Made the mistake last time and eneded up knowhere near what i was estimated. If that was the case and they wernt in cornwall then FTW.

Ok lets put it all down to one thing, 3 cars in a line say Amd , Revo And custom code, What car is likely to get a better start and stay ahead ? . if all cars started with 210 bhp ?

im really sorry nicko86 ! . Ive been posting on this as if it was my thread !. I really thought i had put a title of remaps, Really sorry bud lol . Feel like a right pillok now .

dont worry cawsey! thanks guys, i think ill keep shopping, will try celtic though so thanks lemon for that. I think after that there's no independent outsider for remapping, everyone has their own opinions and therefore it must just be personal favour!

R-tech.. nuff said. i aint even got mine there yet and i say R-tech. read this forum there is not a bad word against them!

Ok lets put it all down to one thing, 3 cars in a line say Amd , Revo And custom code, What car is likely to get a better start and stay ahead ? . if all cars started with 210 bhp ?

Revo all the way baby,read the website for info http://revotechnik.com/
I've done AMD,Custard code S3's and golf edition 30 also ran close with a BT S3 but I think my clutch maybe getting worn (or me slower !?) so not as clearcut last time.
power wise you will only get a certain amount from a remap so don't kid yourself that a different one will magic extra bhp from your 20v

Well i had amd on my car and did not make my car run right,i have just had revo on my car and feels a bit better but dose not feel alot differnt it was ment to feel like it has more power bottom end but i dont think its made no differnce so i have booked it in to r-teck next week who said there gonna remap my k03s turbo have not herd a bad word about them i would go r-tech all the way as u can see on here they do a propper job...

Well i had amd on my car and did not make my car run right,i have just had revo on my car and feels a bit better but dose not feel alot differnt it was ment to feel like it has more power bottom end but i dont think its made no differnce so i have booked it in to r-teck next week who said there gonna remap my k03s turbo have not herd a bad word about them i would go r-tech all the way as u can see on here they do a propper job...

How many times are you getting your car remapped???

Lewis,Revo gives you more power early on....not at 140 mph

Lemmon s3 as many times it takes to get my car running right and it is now had Amd map and used to judder and now feels alot better,just having revo it lost 15bhp lol dont no how confused me,and voorhees i no it gives it better power low and but dose not feel no differnt at all so r-tech are going to look at it be for remapping it to see that every thing is ok as he thinks i should notice the diffrence and he dose not no how a amd remap could be 205.8bhp now i have revo 190bhp thats a lot of diffrence...
And i was only saying that r-teck have not a bad word about them on here and i was advised to go to r-teck

let me know when your going so we can meet.....I'll bring the dictionary (only joking) I meant you can take me for a spin and see how it is :thumbsup:

audia3turbo. perhaps you got used to the AMD so when it was changed to Revo the difference was not night and day, indicating all this is subject to personal preference on power delivery. Please stop throwing in the judder part like it was the AMD map that caused it....I thought that was the MAF.
Revo do offer the trial so I suppose the OP could "Suck It and See"

Well as soon as they added the revo it has stopped juddering i tried my friends maf beforehand and was doing it still,but i am pleased to say it has stopped and feels so smooth

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as soon as they added the revo it has stopped juddering i tried my friends maf be for hand and was doing it still,but i am pleased ro say it has stopped and feels so smooth

Well if R-tech still doesn't sort it then head over to me n I'll stick a celtictuning map on it.

Lemmon s3 as many times it takes to get my car running right and it is now had Amd map and used to judder and now feels alot better,just having revo it lost 15bhp lol dont no how confused me,and voorhees i no it gives it better power low and but dose not feel no differnt at all so r-tech are going to look at it be for remapping it to see that every thing is ok as he thinks i should notice the diffrence and he dose not no how a amd remap could be 205.8bhp now i have revo 190bhp thats a lot of diffrence...
And i was only saying that r-teck have not a bad word about them on here and i was advised to go to r-teck

Lewis do stop bending the truth to suit yourself please. You had AmD on your car and it made good power, afew days later you started having issues, which we said was the MAF. Last Friday you came back, put REVO on your car at your request and it made 170bhp, with a new MAF added it then made 190bhp, erm I would say your MAF was faulty wouldn't you? This was even on 95 ron fuel. You had 99 ron in when you came in for the AmD re-map.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...ne-dont-no-why-AMD-ESSEX-REMAP-PROBLEMS/page2

lol Lewis is bak again

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Can this child take over another thread??

Put simply, if he has the money to spend 300 quid a time on remaps (or more), I'd leave him to it. He'll soon run out of money.

Buying a new MAF in the first place might have helped...as well as listening to what he was told I'd imagine.

This thread has the makings of being another tuner bashing exercise :)

Not to make things even more confusing, but I rate VagCheck highly. Great guys to deal with and very thorough - had the map on for about 1.5 years and still going strong.

Paying for a smooth power curve like the standard already car is retarded.

Get a remap that brings the car to life and fun to drive.

Paying for a smooth power curve like the standard already car is retarded.

Get a remap that brings the car to life and fun to drive.

I disagree, I'd rather a map that had a broad power delivery rather than all then very little, just how the owners of cars that are Revo'd explain. I looked into remaps and decided an APR was the way to go. Very very happy with the power it produced 251Hp and 366Nm respectively. I only have a cat back exhaust on it so about average really. Very linear power curve but obviously more produced over entire rev range.

It's not retarded having a map which is a little easier on the car, more sensible I would think :)

G

Horses for courses in terms of personal views and requirements, but I would agree with that man above.

CC for me. Coming from a NA to a turbo car is enough of a kick :)

blaaaa Custard Code is for girls

I want the power, now! Not at 6000RPM

Thanks

thats no problem, as long as you dont want the power between 0-5999PRM and 6001> RPM then Revo will be just fine :) (narrow power band if you miss my point ;) )

personally i may be going to R tech too for my next map purely cos they will do a stage 2 custom without having to have ALL the downpipes/manifolds etc required by the big corporate boys!! as in im gonnaa fit my FMIC and have a it mapped again with increased boost, should do the trick :)

Custom Code is good, you dont want all the power walloping in at once unless you're a cabbage that cant drive a car throughout its entire rev range and do everything in one big go. ;)