how do i remove my grille??

nath-w

Reaction score
how do i remove my grille on my 1999 a3, the new one looks like it just clips in, but cant work out how the original one comes out?? i have used the search function but could only find how to remove a grille on new a3??

ohhh! i thought it would be a 10 minute job!! oh well! lol. how hard is it to remove the bumper, also do i need to remove the bumper to change the headlights??

The bumper takes 10 minutes to take off if theres two of you and is really easy. Id say from looking at mine when the bumper was off the other day you have to have the bumper off to change the headlights. To just change your grill if there was you and a pal id say its a 20-25min job, the grill simply pushes out and the new one clips in place of the old one.

So do you need to remove the bumper to take the chrome surround of the grill..?

Thinking of the black option:ninja:

yep

four plugs on the slam panel need there centres removed with a wood screw then they pull out and you have some screws by the arches and two underneath and it should pull free :o.k:
hope this helps

Anyone sprayed their grill with it still on the car?

Can't be ***** to take the bumper off!!

Thinking of the black option:ninja:

mine just come off with a flat head screw driver. carfully prise it off. didnt have to remove the bumper.

mine just come off with a flat head screw driver. carfully prise it off. didnt have to remove the bumper.
I remember simch had this done to his and they removed the plastic lugs in the process so wouldn't recommend this G